Battery Life Issues

Ralffers

Reaction score
I just got the Droid X....and....am I the only one having issues with battery life? - because it feels that way... Everything I read online indicates that the Droid X has great battery life; a lot of reviews actually used the word "steller" According to all that I have read, I should be getting a day & a half out of the battery - well, I can't get even 1 full day; by 9:00pm I'm down to 30% - and I'm really using the phone very much at all. If I do anything on the phone, I lose 10% every 20 minutes; if I'm not doing anything its 10% every hour.

I went to Verizon & they told to download the advanced task killer app, and needless to say that I was excited that it would fix the problem - but it didn't. Looks like I'm going to have to have it replaced, uunless I'm overlooking something... I don't know why I have such bad luck with phones! Every phone I get has to be replaced - at least once before I get one that works the way it's supposed to. This happens every time!

carpenter_22

Reaction score
there is a update for the droid x soon that will have something to do with the battery not sure what though

OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score
Update

Are you referring to the Android 2.2 update?

drunkalien6

Reaction score
Hey I was/am having the same issues. My battery died after about an hour and a half of use, and about 6 hours not doing anything.

Something that might be helpful, go to Settings > Battery Manger > Battery Profile, Then select a profile, one is entitled "Battery Saver Mode" But be warned it turns off the cellular data connection after a period of inactivity. Id recommend the Smart Mode, just make sure performance mode inst checked that will kill battery the fastest.

If you go to Settings > Sound & dislplay. You can adjust the brightness that will save LOTS of battery power. On my phone, the screen has consistently been using 86%+ of the phones battery. You can find out battery usage statistics if you go to Settings > Battery Manger > Battery use. I keep it at lowest setting when I go out now. If I'm at home I keep it at maximum, since there's always an outlet within reach.

Lastly I keep Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS all turned off when I don't need them. To be honest I am not sure if GPS uses hardly any battery (If any at all) butIi keep it off nonetheless.

The things I just mentioned have helped but. I am still getting very bad battery life, may get 1 hour and 45 minutes of usage, and 7 hours doing nothing.

Last edited:
OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score
Hey I was/am having the same issues. My battery died after about an hour and a half of use, and about 6 hours not doing anything.

Something that might be helpful, go to Settings > Battery Manger > Battery Profile, Then select a profile, one is entitled "Battery Saver Mode" But be warned it turns off the cellular data connection after a period of inactivity. Id recommend the Smart Mode, just make sure performance mode inst checked that will kill battery the fastest.

If you go to Settings > Sound & dislplay. You can adjust the brightness that will save LOTS of battery power. On my phone, the screen has consistently been using 86%+ of the phones battery. You can find out battery usage statistics if you go to Settings > Battery Manger > Battery use. I keep it at lowest setting when I go out now. If I'm at home I keep it at maximum, since there's always an outlet within reach.

Lastly I keep Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS all turned off when I don't need them. To be honest I am not sure if GPS uses hardly any battery (If any at all) butIi keep it off nonetheless.

The things I just mentioned have helped but. I am still getting very bad battery life, may get 1 hour and 45 minutes of usage, and 7 hours doing nothing.

Hi, thank you for your post. So you're going to have yours replaced to I take it?

drunkalien6

Reaction score

Hi, thank you for your post. So you're going to have yours replaced to I take it?

I am not sure yet, I would much rather them offer a battery swap out or something like that.

Also something worth mentioning related to the OTA update that's coming soon, or today (hopefully!). My phone will prompt me with "plug in charger battery is at less than 5%" when its getting low. And a couple minutes later turn itself off so I plug in a charger wait about 10 minutes. So then it has an icon showing what the battery is at currently, its usually at 5%-10%. I will then proceed to turn on the phone. Then when it turns on it will be at 50-70% charged! So theres a very good chance that it is software related. May have something to do with how it detects how charged the battery is. Or it may just be a defective battery, but I hope its just software related.

NovaFan10

Reaction score
Yeah I am having problems too, I took it off the charger the other day around 1045 played a couple games, went into the market and listened to pandora for a little bit, by 345 it had died, idk what to do.