Battery life is horrible

mhlanglais

Reaction score
Yes that is what I meant. There are 2 setting changes to make. First change the phone preferred network from Global to LTE/CDMA in the phone's settings. Then use LTE ON/Off to set to CDMA auto.

That's interesting, because i found when i set use lte on/off it changes it back to global automatically when i change to cdma auto prl

f1snob

Reaction score
JJ, I feel your pain. I used to go 2 days before charging my Razr. Then ICS came along. It updated about 1pm and the phone was dead when I got hom at 5pm. It started the day fully charged. I thought, wow, the update must have drained it. Next day, off the dock at 7am fully charged, 3pm I get the "need to plug it in notice". Searching the web, I was able to figure out how to disable a bunch of stuff so I did as much as I dare. I am not a heavy user, just Pandora in the car which is abut 20 minutes total a day. In fact I only have one of the home screen with any apps on it. One screen has a couple phone numbers and 3 others are completely blank. Still, here it is 1:38 and the (ugly blue used to be nice green) inicator shows 50%. Yesterday I used the auxilary battery that came with it for the first time since I bought the phone in April. Up until now I loved the phone. This ICS is making me think twice, however. Nothing works right, it's more combersome like having to do 2 things just to unlock it instead of a quick easy swipe or having to go to settings to turn on WIFI when it used to have a button right on the first screen (I don't think I should have to download another app for that).

Sorry for the rant, JJ, just wanted to say I feel your pain in regards to the battery. Wish I could uninstall ICS.

GPYoung

Reaction score
Regardless of all else, the battery life is about 1/3 of my previous software capabilities. I am going to retrain my battery but that sounds like alternative medicine to me...... it was fine before ICS, now it is terrible. I have no other issues with ICS other than the terrible battery life....

jtc303

Reaction score
f1snob said:
JJ, I feel your pain. I used to go 2 days before charging my Razr. Then ICS came along. It updated about 1pm and the phone was dead when I got hom at 5pm. It started the day fully charged. I thought, wow, the update must have drained it. Next day, off the dock at 7am fully charged, 3pm I get the "need to plug it in notice". Searching the web, I was able to figure out how to disable a bunch of stuff so I did as much as I dare. I am not a heavy user, just Pandora in the car which is abut 20 minutes total a day. In fact I only have one of the home screen with any apps on it. One screen has a couple phone numbers and 3 others are completely blank. Still, here it is 1:38 and the (ugly blue used to be nice green) inicator shows 50%. Yesterday I used the auxilary battery that came with it for the first time since I bought the phone in April. Up until now I loved the phone. This ICS is making me think twice, however. Nothing works right, it's more combersome like having to do 2 things just to unlock it instead of a quick easy swipe or having to go to settings to turn on WIFI when it used to have a button right on the first screen (I don't think I should have to download another app for that).

Sorry for the rant, JJ, just wanted to say I feel your pain in regards to the battery. Wish I could uninstall ICS.

I would delete those 3 blank screens... if you don't have juice defender I suggest getting it it's well worth a few bucks...widgetsoid is great for manual changes...

View attachment 52885

GSdub510

Reaction score
Hey guys. This morning my battery went from fully charged to 86% in 20 minutes.

So I went to the settings and saw it was on Global mode. So I switched it to LTE.

after several hours my battery has only drained 10%. I have a Maxx. Hope this helps!

TauntingBull

Reaction score
Yes that is what I meant. There are 2 setting changes to make. First change the phone preferred network from Global to LTE/CDMA in the phone's settings. Then use LTE ON/Off to set to CDMA auto.

I too will try that.... thanks...

jtc303

Reaction score
GSdub510 said:
Hey guys. This morning my battery went from fully charged to 86% in 20 minutes.

So I went to the settings and saw it was on Global mode. So I switched it to LTE.

after several hours my battery has only drained 10%. I have a Maxx. Hope this helps!

Good tip

joshxdroid

Reaction score
GPYoung said:
I have retrained battery but how do I turn LTE off? I ha e changed out of global to lte/cdma.

Download an app called "lte on/off" its icon is gray with a red lightning bolt. Then select cdma auto prl in that app. Don't select cdma only or you will be stuck on 1x