Battery life doubled

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using the paid version for some time. I think it helps as I've recently uninstalled it for a while. Only thing I didn't like was because it turns of data for periods of time, I wouldn't get my GV texts right away. Other than that its great. I will be installing it again.

Sent from my Droid using DF app

86mcss

Reaction score
about to try this...will report back in a couple of days.

edit: (I have the 1750 extended battery) 9hrs since charging and im at 50% battery life...seems to be working great so far.

Bump charged my phone and it went a full 24hrs not needing a charge with medium usage. Very happy now. dancedroid

bfederroll

Reaction score
I lhave the droid Incredible and I tried to follow the instructions. I went to "Settings", wireless & networks; there is nothing that says "mobile networks"; mine says 3G Moile Hotspot6 and 3G mobile hot spot settings; but then it says this must stay on. There's nothing on my phone about "always on data" Am I doing something wrong. I really need to find a way to save battery life. My phone is dead in 3-4 hours and I don't use it that much. Barbara Federroll

Woo

Reaction score
Once you are in settings, go to Wireless & Networks and then scroll down to Mobile networks, the one without the white box, and touch to enter. Third one down is Enable always on mobile networks. Unchecked the white box.

christinatux

Reaction score
battery life

I have had the backgrounds data unchecked for quite some time and was still only getting about 14 hours before needing charged. I finally opted to ditch the app killer and am now getting about 16-18 hours of battery life, if not more. It didn't happen over night. Took about two days to notice the difference. I still get all of my email, sms, and fb notifications without any problems.

Incredibilly

Reaction score
Keep in mind, almost all of the juice killing apps can have their auto update/polling functions disabled. Doing that accomplishes much the same thing. Then you don't need to worry about what underlying function is also affected by turning off a phone setting vs the settings in apps you don't use.

sent from my Incredible Andriod phone using DroidForums App.

deadhead15

Reaction score
Just unplugged my phone from full charge and immediately disabled the background data, will report back on how long battery lasts as I am an extremely heavy user of my phone the only thigh I've noticed t affect with it being disabled is if you attempt to search the market it makes you turn it back on other than that I haven't notocedcit interrupt any of my other apps or widgets or mail hoping for at least 8 hours or so haven't been able to make it past six it seems and that probably being generous love the Dinc hate the battery life and not sure I want that massive battery as it changes the phones profile rather extensively

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can also just turn the mobile network off when not using it and that will stop your phone from even looking for 3g, which can be a battery drain.
Snapfish makes a nice widget to instantly turn it off/on instead of going into your settings menu

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

canadian63

Reaction score
How do you turn the mobile network off? Does it still receive test messages, etc. ?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
You can also just turn the mobile network off when not using it and that will stop your phone from even looking for 3g, which can be a battery drain.
Snapfish makes a nice widget to instantly turn it off/on instead of going into your settings menu

+1....Ultimate Juice has a mobile data widget. It saves me a ton. You still get texts and calls.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

canadian63

Reaction score
I have an app killer on my phone now, is that the same thing? I am techno challenged here so bear with me please. If you can tell me another way to answer my phone with swiping it to unlock I will love you for life….ok so to speak, ll.

deadhead15

Reaction score
Ok its now almost eight thirty and I've used the phone only moderately to a little heavy, with background off gps and WiFi turned off and the app killer killing apps and I have about five percent battery sigh

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

damagickid

Reaction score
I think it's great that all you guys are figuring out how to save battery life, always good to know what's eating your battery's life. Personally, I don't want to disable this setting as I use this phone's feature a lot. So I don't want to keep turning on/off this setting. I will just use my phone as efficiently as possible and when my battery runs out, oh well I'll put in my second battery or charge the phone. Batteries are there to be used up, I know I know we all want endless battery life but it's just not going to happen with phones like this that do a multitude of tasking...

Thank you for posting this. My thoughts exactly. Frick, I bought the damn phone to utilize all the bells and whistle, I find it silly to turn this off or that off just to get a few more minutes of use. I've invested into a couple HTC 2150 batteries and in conjuction with my standard AC charger I'm able to have as much service my heart desires. I just ordered battery wall charger so that I can have a couple batteries charging at the same time. If others want to stretch their battery use, it's all good and by all means do it. For me, I'm going to stress test and use my Incredible to its fullest potential and not be hindered by shutting off certain phone features.

Dude when I had my dx I could get 3 days of battery with medium ussage....so don't tell me we can't have good battery life on these phones

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
3 days?? Maybe what you consider to be "moderate usage" and what others consider to be the same, are completly opposite.

I think it's great that all you guys are figuring out how to save battery life, always good to know what's eating your battery's life. Personally, I don't want to disable this setting as I use this phone's feature a lot. So I don't want to keep turning on/off this setting. I will just use my phone as efficiently as possible and when my battery runs out, oh well I'll put in my second battery or charge the phone. Batteries are there to be used up, I know I know we all want endless battery life but it's just not going to happen with phones like this that do a multitude of tasking...

Thank you for posting this. My thoughts exactly. Frick, I bought the damn phone to utilize all the bells and whistle, I find it silly to turn this off or that off just to get a few more minutes of use. I've invested into a couple HTC 2150 batteries and in conjuction with my standard AC charger I'm able to have as much service my heart desires. I just ordered battery wall charger so that I can have a couple batteries charging at the same time. If others want to stretch their battery use, it's all good and by all means do it. For me, I'm going to stress test and use my Incredible to its fullest potential and not be hindered by shutting off certain phone features.

Dude when I had my dx I could get 3 days of battery with medium ussage....so don't tell me we can't have good battery life on these phones

DroidForums junkie!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok its now almost eight thirty and I've used the phone only moderately to a little heavy, with background off gps and WiFi turned off and the app killer killing apps and I have about five percent battery sigh

GET RID OF THE TASK KILLER!
Not yelling ,just want to emphasise THAT is killing your battery more and can cause your phone to act up