Battery Lasts All Day but then Dies Overnight when fully Charged

King30Henrik35

Reaction score
Hi all-

I am new to the forums and new to using Droid based devices as well.

I have issues with the battery life on my phone. I know the battery life on the Thunderbolt isn't anything to rave about but its really confusing me because it simply makes no sense. My battery lasts during the day, but when when I take it off the charger (fully charged) and wake up 5 hours later at 8am and it is either dead or at 5%.

I will list the way and settings I have on the phone during the day and then list the settings I have at night when I am asleep.

During the day my phone seems to last fine on one charge (10am - 8 or 10pm)
-I have all accounts, syncing, push, etc. set to manual or to only sync when I open the program.
-I very rarely use it for calls and when I do most conversations are brief, not lasting more than 5 minutes.
-GPS is off
-WiFi is off
-Network is off
_Location Services are off.
-I will occasionally use WiFi, network, and location services but use them very minimally.
-I back out of all apps by hitting the little return arrow.
-Battery save mode enabled at 30%

Now at night (3-8am)
-The only time I am usually using WiFi or any apps is from around 6-10pm
- I usually put my phone on charge around 10-11pm and it is full when I am getting into bed around 3am.
-I once again turn everything off as I listed above (GPS,WiFi, Network, Location Services).
-The only thing on is my alarm clock.
-Screen Brightness turned down.
-Battery save mode enabled at 30%

I went to Verizon intending on picking up an extended batter but they didn't have one. I explained to the technician the issue I was having and he wanted me to leave the phone there ALL DAY in an attempt to "duplicate the issue". I obviously said no because I need my phone during the day but even more so because I don't trust them...

I would greatly appreciate any help because I absolutely LOVE this phone but the battery life is frustrating, especially when compared to my previous phone (BB 8330) which would last nearly all week on one charge.

evereddie

Reaction score
How good is your signal where you put the phone at night compared to your average daytime signal. Is the phone in a dead spot at night? Do you have wifi for the phone at night and how about during the day. Since smart phones are in constant contact with home base doing updates and such if the signal is weak at night where you put the phone it has to use a lot more transmit power to reach the tower. Thus using up way more battery power. That is if you do not have a wifi in your house.

genebopp

Reaction score
I had that happen when I used a "weak" charger. The charger that came with the phone is 1000ma. My problem charger was 180ma.