Thunderbolt Battery Problem

Zilac

Reaction score
Hey there!
I have been searching the net for this particular problem I am having and sofar have found nothing, so I was hoping maybe you guys could help me out.
My Thunderbolt after fully charging the battery will show at the highest about 60% battery life, if not lower. This morning for example it would only show 29%. I have bought 2 additional extended batteries for the phone, both will show around the same percent when fully charged.
I have tried doing the whole battery calibration thing, with no success whatsoever. One time, after my phone died; I took the battery out of my phone and put it in my friends phone and it showed 82% remaining, yet my phone would say 0% and die.
I've heard of a few other people having this problem and just warranting back the phone, but thats the problem. My warranty ran out a couple months ago.

I do have the phone rooted, and yes i have tried charging with the phone off, and it showed the same results.
At most the battery will last maybe 3 hours under use, 5-6 with light use.
Any help would be most appreciated, thank you!

Couple Edits:
Yes I have tried 4 different charging cables.
And no, its not its normal battery life.

Last edited:

rbw62

Reaction score
Is rooting the problem? Did this problem start after rooting, or before? I would go back to stock software & c what happens.

OP
Z

Zilac

Reaction score
Is rooting the problem? Did this problem start after rooting, or before? I would go back to stock software & c what happens.

Unfortunately not, I actually rooted my phone after having the problem to try and calibrate the battery, to no success. Also, I'm not a huge Voltage whizz or anything but around fully charged my extended battery sits around 3.9 voltz, and when it was at "0%" the voltage was 3.5v still.
I'm Thinking its probably a hardware problem at this point, unless someone has an idea for me to try.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Sounds like hardware unfortunately :/

But that raises the probably already answered question- what does Verizon do if you do not have a working phone and are still under contract? Surely they don't make you pay your bill every month without even using their service?

211SSW

Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing what Verizon did under his circumstances.

Flanl

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I bought a battery from Verizon and it won't even fully charge.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
A quick fix to this is to charge your battery until it says fully chare and then calibrate it. You can find a battery calibration app in the market. Please inbox me and let me know if this fixes your issue. Hope i have helped. Good luck :)