Battery: IMCOMPLETE Charge+HORRIBLE Life PLEASE HELP

dmateo

Reaction score
t-bolt works amazingly except now the battery will not charge passed 61% and hardly lasts 45min.
it will charge faster when it's off but hardly at when it's charging. it just holds the current charge while its on instead of increasing the battery power.
I've read that it could be parasitic charging, caused by flashing the ROM, etc.
-I've change wall chargers and
-bought a new charger for the tbolt
-used the RESOUND battery
still NO difference

I was running CM7 for a since it came out up until 2days ago and now I'm running:
JellyBlurv1.1-CM7 by team viscious. which is BA if i might add
the battery life didn't start having problems until recently, originally it was fine with CM7
Can someone please help me?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, so you've read of parasitic load while charging. You mention charging while powered off (I am assuming you mean selecting "Power Off" from a menu on the phone - sorry, not familiar with the TBolt)? If so, did you allow it to charge with power off for at least the 3 or 4 hours the manufacturer specifies? If so, then did you use it until the battery warning appeared? And if so, did you then charge it to 100% again with power off a second time? If you didn't do the three step Meter Training, the effects can remain or even get worse.

Give it a try;

So once again;
  • Power off
  • Charge to 100%
  • Power on
  • Use to 15% (Gingerbread), or 10% (ICS)
  • Power off
  • Charge to 100%
  • Power on and use normally until the next training, which should be about every 2 months for batteries that are less than 2,000mAh - typically "standard" batteries, or every 3 months for "extended" batteries of 3,000+ mAh.

OP
D

dmateo

Reaction score
Still not working

Thank you for the advice but it still didnt work. I'm going to call tomorrow and get insurance to replace my phone. unless you have anyother ideas.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No, I can't really say what else other than a full factory restore.

Getting a new phone by buying the insurance after you are already aware of a problem and then claiming it on the insurance is insurance fraud...not only illegal, but also against our forums' policies.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

dmateo

Reaction score
Full Factory Restore.

Thanks I honestly didn't know that. I actually decided to keep it I've got too much valuable information on it to send it back to the provider, I'm going to look for one online maybe in ebay or something.
I'll try the factory reset, also how do I do that?

shockwave72

Reaction score
dmateo said:
Thanks I honestly didn't know that. I actually decided to keep it I've got too much valuable information on it to send it back to the provider, I'm going to look for one online maybe in ebay or something.
I'll try the factory reset, also how do I do that?

To factory restore your Thunderbolt, go to Settings-SD and phone storage-Factory data reset and you can now factory restore your Tbolt. You also have an option to format external SD card