Battery full overnight before shutdown, in morning its 50%

royolpunk

Reaction score
Yeah, the title says it all. I charge my droid to max battery before I sleep then shut it down then when I wake up its at 50%. Never happened to me before, I barely have any apps installed. Running slayhers 1100 lv kernel w/ cm6. Shud I go down in voltage or something? This doesn't happen to me when my phone is on, though my battery lasts 20hours from full charge when my phone is on. This just happens when I go from full charge at night>shutdown>then when I turn it back on this happens. Help???

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is a strange phenomena and there is real no answer for it but you are not the only one who experiences it.

Solution is to not shut down your handset. Just turn it on vibrate so you are not disturbed. I never shut down

Sent from my Droid

OP
R

royolpunk

Reaction score
Alright I guess ill just do that or turn on airplane mode before I go to sleep

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

robm674

Reaction score
try...

Try turning off the auto-sync or even the data connection. I've had D1 drop 30-40 % with them on, and only loose 10% overnight with they're off.

cpjr

Reaction score
Honestly, why would you charge it up before you go to bed, just to turn it off and unplug it all night?

Just charge it at night while you sleep, it'll be full in the morning no issues.

Reaction score
Honestly, why would you charge it up before you go to bed, just to turn it off and unplug it all night?

Just charge it at night while you sleep, it'll be full in the morning no issues.

What this guy said.

Just put it on silent mode and you'll be good to go

huskur

Reaction score
At one time i had better than 24 hours of battery life on my X but now i can charge it to 100% before i go to bed and 6 hours later its at 60%. I can barely get 10 hours out of a charge if i am lucky. Usually its around 6 or 8.

Checked all my running processes and there is nothing out of the norm. I can shut them all down except the necessary ones and still its not much better.

nealc

Reaction score
Similar Problem

I charge my Droid X overnight - and never power it off. When it is on the charger it says "Charged" on the lock screen and IMMEDIATELY upon unplugging it, it drops to 50%. Anyone else experiencing this and is there any hope for it?

Thanks!