Is my Droid or my battery not working properly? Please help.

Rocky

Reaction score
Hello. I briefly searched the forums to find this very problem I have, but didn't see another thread talking about the same issue. Here's a summary of my story:

My updated, unrooted Droid had been working just fine until yesterday, when I somehow managed to be able to take screenshots, to share them here. Shortly after (maybe a few hours later) I started noticing that, although I had a fully-charged battery, the phone read 0% battery life remaining. Shortly after only to automatically shut down.

Sometimes I'd manually take out the battery and/or restart the phone and it'd show a full charge again—just to go back to show no charge a little while later. What's worse, even when trying to charge it, sometimes it just wouldn't look like it's charging (you know, the little ray in the battery icon).

I charged it overnight just to wake up to see it had no charge whatsoever. A restart later it showed a full battery.

Can someone please help me? I'd really appreciate it.

Regards,
Rocky

P.S. I'm using the exact same power outlet and charger I've always used.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Although I hope it goes away on its own, if it does happen again, I will take a screenshot and post it here.

I hope someone has gone through this, overcome it and give me a hand. Ain't I optimistic?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll suggest a "fix" I've recommended elsewhere. Amazon has Droid OEM batteries for about $11. They have standalone battery chargers for about $15. So for about $30 including shipping you'll have both a backup and a way to determine if something is truly wrong with your phone or you simply have a bad battery.

I've ordered and used both the batteries and the charger from Amazon. They work well. The batteries are indistinguishable from the one that comes in your phone.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I'll suggest a "fix" I've recommended elsewhere. Amazon has Droid OEM batteries for about $11. They have standalone battery chargers for about $15. So for about $30 including shipping you'll have both a backup and a way to determine if something is truly wrong with your phone or you simply have a bad battery.

I've ordered and used both the batteries and the charger from Amazon. They work well. The batteries are indistinguishable from the one that comes in your phone.
Thanks. I might just do that. So far the issue hasn't come back. We'll see.

jwlk

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me. It doesn't really bother me, and doesn't happen to often, so i just ignore it in the hopes that it goes away..... And I think it had :D because it has not happened in some time. Good luck, if its really bothering you, a verizon store can 'check' the battery for you, to see if its okay.