battery drops 40% after playing game for hour

Masknight

Reaction score
I lost 40 percent of battery after i played that robo tower defense game for about an hour. i had no gps, no bluetooth, no wi-fi, and i had shut down most processes with advance task killer. i did have screebl and a battery veiw app on though but that is literally it. is that normal? i hadn't used my phone pretty much all day. I did make two phone calls but they were each under 30 minutes and those were all done before i played the games. is that normal?

wil318466

Reaction score
I've had the same exact experience. My phone was at 70% and I was in a doctor's office and I had shoutcast on while reading the news and other websites, and the phone drained pretty quickly.

Games seem to REALLY drain the battery life. Not sure if there is a fix, or if its just very battery heavy (running games).

-Wil

xliderider

Reaction score
Pretty much my experience, with the processor intensive games (graphics, number crunching, etc) and the fact that the screen is on the whole time.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check your batty use (settings>about phone>battery use) and see if it is the game itself (or more likely) the display. You likely just need to adjust the brightness to increase your battery life but this will depend on what game you're playing (but even GBA emulator doesn't seam to drain that much on mine).

OP
M

Masknight

Reaction score
i turned my phone on again this morning and my display is at 48% of battery usage. how can i drop it? my screen time out is on 15 seconds, and i have my backlight set to the lowest. are there any other options i can go to to lower display usage?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
i turned my phone on again this morning and my display is at 48% of battery usage. how can i drop it? my screen time out is on 15 seconds, and i have my backlight set to the lowest. are there any other options i can go to to lower display usage?

What is using your battery? Kind of hard to recommend what to change if we don't know that....

JamesX

Reaction score
Check your batty use (settings>about phone>battery use) and see if it is the game itself (or more likely) the display. You likely just need to adjust the brightness to increase your battery life but this will depend on what game you're playing (but even GBA emulator doesn't seam to drain that much on mine).
Follow this advice.

One time my battery was draining very quick. So I looked at the log and it showed the app I had that marks the GPS location of my parking space accounted for 60% of my Battery Use. Needless to say that badly written App is not uninstalled.

It is always good to occasionally check the battery use log to get a guage of what apps are power intensive and what apps are not.

NYZ93

Reaction score
I lost 40 percent of battery after i played that robo tower defense game for about an hour. i had no gps, no bluetooth, no wi-fi, and i had shut down most processes with advance task killer. i did have screebl and a battery veiw app on though but that is literally it. is that normal? i hadn't used my phone pretty much all day. I did make two phone calls but they were each under 30 minutes and those were all done before i played the games. is that normal?

Hmmmmmmmm
I wonder why......
Could it be because
Screen is on probably on bright for an hour straight
Game is running
Apps working in the background
volume on

:dry: Come on really :work1:
:icon_censored:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hmmmmmmmm
I wonder why......
Could it be because
Game is running
volume on

Heh Heh, It looks like a good time for an old fashion :r_c:. Even playing tetrus on an old fashioned not so smart phone use to suck up the battery like crazy.

iPirate

Reaction score
You can see what was using your battery, check if it was the game.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's an idea. Carry an iPod Touch for games and a phone for other things. Or just carry a BIG battery in a backpack.

dro

Reaction score
Tower defense is a very intensive game in terms of CPU use, thus is plows through the battery. The display does not use much power if you have the brightness turned down, so it is the game process eating your battery. Some programs just do too much and should only be used when charging is not a problem. Try some other time wasters on your Droid that get along better with your battery. Some things I like to do that use little battery would include browsing forums, ebay/craigslist, FML, etc. Listening to music does not use much battery at all either, even streaming from Pandora or whatever you use.

Balthazar

Reaction score
I had to uninstall robo defense because in addition to chewing up my battery life my battery was getting really hot. After a couple of days I was worried it might be damaging my beloved droid so I uninstalled it. My battery has been fine since then, so I assume it was the CPU and screen intensive game. Plus I was wasting a lot of time and losing too much sleep with that thing. Way to addictive!

NYZ93

Reaction score

Hmmmmmmmm
I wonder why......
Could it be because
Game is running
volume on

Heh Heh, It looks like a good time for an old fashion :r_c:. Even playing tetrus on an old fashioned not so smart phone use to suck up the battery like crazy.

exactly my point its a cell phone not the cia main frame
CLOSE though:)