battery drain

trebor_edwards

Reaction score
Tried liberty, loved it, first day battery about normal. Second day full charge at 9 pm dead at 7am! Was using SD3 getting up to 32 hours with moderate use. Did the battery cache and dalvonik wipe prior to installation, as I did with the other roms I've installed. Any suggestions?

krazyace38

Reaction score
I had the same problem with battery drain until I googled the problem and found out that I needed to calibrate my battery after flashing a rom. Battery calibrator from market was recommended so i downloaded it and followed the directions; problem solved!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

trebor_edwards

Reaction score
I used the battery calibrator that was on the top free apps in market the day that the phone died on me.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
ALSO. Update your prl. *228 option 1 then do it again and choose option 2. Charge battery to full, wipe battery stats located in data/system also in /data. Keep it on the charger for 15-20 minutes longer. Reboot with it plugged in, after it hits the boot animation and vibrates unplug your charger and let it completely die. Recharge to 100% and leave on the charger for an extra 15-20 again. Should fix any battery drain issues. If it doesnt, then you are probably getting bad signal and its constantly switching towers causing it to use more battery.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go here and read this post. Since Liberty was originally designed for the Bionic and then ported to the D3, this may explain a lot of what your are seeing.

jckhmr

Reaction score
Wow weird. I read most of everones issues with the battery and I'm surprised. Ever since I updated from the stock Blur to Liberty v2.0 I've seen nothing but a battery life increase. Kind of weird. I only dropped maybe 1-2% while reading all of these in about 45 minutes :p

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jcb100

Reaction score
batterty no better than stock rom

Jrummy, I installed Liberty 3 rom on my Droid 3. Everything works good as all the forums and reviews said....except for battery life. The reviews all said Liberty Rom would increase battery life significantly over stock moto rom. That has not happened and my main reason for flashin liberty was to get more battery life. What esle can be done in Liberty to help battery life