battery died for first time after 2.2 won't revive

tangent88

Reaction score
so this is the first time my battery has died since i updated to 2.2, i plugged it in to charge it for about 10min. then powered it on. All was well and it booted up like normal, then it suddenly shut off, rebooted, flashed the motorola logo and died. It hasn't come back on since, i tried pulling the battery but that didn't change anything.

help please.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Call me a grassy knoll seeker but four posts within a couple of hours the same problem from 2.2 (both FRG1B and FRG22) updated phones. I smell a serious bug here. Could this be the problem which caused them to pull it?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
tangent88.. did you ever root your phone? If you did or didn't, do you mind going back to stock?

I can Probably get you up and running but you may have to do some downloading and setting up once your up and about.

FYI incase you didn't know. There were so many bugs with the 2.2 update that Verizon suspended it.

EDIT: Although 2.2 is very solid for some people, there may be things you are running that is cauing it to not function properly.

Last edited:
OP
T

tangent88

Reaction score
after a couple hours charging it finally booted up again.

i never rooted, but all of my updates have been manual updates. and i've seen the rumor post of it being suspended, i haven't personally had any problems with it other than this, but if this kind of thing is widespread it's easy to see why there are reports of it being pulled.

regardless i won't be letting my phone drain to 5% anytime soon again. thanks for responding.