Battery Cover Gap?

gatorbait

Reaction score
There is a small but very noticeable gap between the top of my battery cover and the phone body where the camera is located. The top of the battery cover does not sit flush against the bottom of the camera unit. Does anyone else notice this with their Droid? It is aesthetically unpleasing, but I am also worried about it coming off more easily.

wutasi

Reaction score
There is a small but very noticeable gap between the top of my battery cover and the phone body where the camera is located. The top of the battery cover does not sit flush against the bottom of the camera unit. Does anyone else notice this with their Droid? It is aesthetically unpleasing, but I am also worried about it coming off more easily.

My wife's Droid is just like yours while mine doesn't. I wonder if it's a problem with the battery cover.

Droids

Reaction score
The gap on mine is identical to the other gap just above the camera lens. The cover is very, very slightly raised, not perfectly flush. Having said that, my cover fits tit and does not fall off. The very slight raise doesn't bother me at all, I only notice it when I see posts like these and go check mine. If the cover is tight, I don't think it's an issue. Just me.

D3C4F

Reaction score
The gap on mine is identical to the other gap just above the camera lens. The cover is very, very slightly raised, not perfectly flush. Having said that, my cover fits tit and does not fall off. The very slight raise doesn't bother me at all, I only notice it when I see posts like these and go check mine. If the cover is tight, I don't think it's an issue. Just me.
Same here, very slightly raised, but still tight to the back of the phone so it's not really a problem. It's hardly noticeable unless you're really looking for it. If your's fits tight, I'd say just deal with it...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
mine has a slight gap but it doesnt slide off without some effort so i'll leave it. I dont look at the back of the phone anyway =P

djtrype

Reaction score
Geez...what else will be complained about? Maybe the gap between the glass and the rim of the phone on the front? Seriously? This is what we have to complain about?

Vladimir

Reaction score
just assembly issues would be my guess, i got one of them like that, just swapped it out til its perfect lol, if its within 30 days, swap it out. if not...well hope some one figures out a quick fix. ;-)

OP
G

gatorbait

Reaction score

My problem isn't that the battery cover is raised, but that it doesn't slide up all the way to meet the rest of the phone. There is a gap between where the battery cover ends and where the body of the phone where the camera is located begins. I can actually see some of the metal parts underneath that the battery cover is supposed to cover up because it doesn't snap all the way up into place.

OP
G

gatorbait

Reaction score
Well, I stopped by the Verizon Store today to see if any of the spare battery covers they had there worked correctly with mine. No luck, still a gap. I guess the part of the phone that has the camera on it wasn't fitted correctly on mine, so there is going to be a small gap there no matter what. I just had to replace my phone the other day, so I didn't want to replace this one because of such a small issue. Decided to get the Seidio Innocase today, so it ultimately won't matter.