Battery bumping

dkev

Reaction score
I have the 3500 mAh high capacity battery for my phone. Works like a charm. But it's pretty bulky. So I have been researching ways to improve the life of the OEM battery. I have it rooted so I am under clocking to 426mhz when the screen if off and I have done a lot of the other little things that I have read about. When it comes to bumping the battery, do I have to do it every time I charge it? I've read this shortens the life of the battery. I know I am not the only one looking for the "Holy Grail" when it comes to extending the OEM battery life.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also have an extended batery - it would be difficult for me to even think of running the stock battery, the extended one has offered me mobile freedom :)

GB D1

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump charging is necessary every time you charge, if you choose to bump. It is not a one-time thing- sorry. :)

HTCEVO15

Reaction score
Battery life is one of the first things i look for in a phone. I have the HTC Evo 4G and not gonna lie, the stock battery sucks. I bought the extended battery and as tp76 said, i now have mobile freedom and have an additional 6-8 hours of battery life. Happy droiding :)

-HTCEVO

OP
D

dkev

Reaction score
Is bumping mostly for the OEM battery or can I do this with my extended battery?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can bump your extended battery if you want to maximize it. Probably won't notice as much of as difference as you would with the OEM but it's worth a shot.

slavs06

Reaction score
Can someone explain battery bumping? I am new to Droid

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
D

dkev

Reaction score
After 9 hours of uptime with moderate use (mostly 3G), I am at 83% with the extended battery. With a partial bump and all the adjustments I made, thats a 20% improvement. not bad.