Basic Questions

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I just got my Droid...........
A M A Z I N G ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I have a lot to learn.
A basic question:
How do I turn the speaker on when not in phone mode? I was trying to watch a Youtube video and coundn't figure out how to turn it on!

Next:
I am used to using AOL as my home portal. It has my contacts and favorite sites emails ect. I have set up an icon to access my AOL email but can I set one up to access my AOL homepage? If so, will I have to sign in each time or can I save an automatic access?

How do I turn up the ringtone volume more? I obviously used the button on the side but it's really not very loud. Maybe it's the default tone?

I called Verizon to ask how to transfer my contacts, ect from my Voyager to the Droid. She said the best way is to bring them both to Verizon which is a hassle. Is there another way?

I downloaded the manual but it didn't help much. Plus there's no index so you can't, for example, look under "speakers" or "volume".
Thanks to anyone who can help!

searayman

Reaction score
I just got my Droid...........
A M A Z I N G ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
I have a lot to learn.
A basic question:
How do I turn the speaker on when not in phone mode? I was trying to watch a Youtube video and coundn't figure out how to turn it on!

Next:
I am used to using AOL as my home portal. It has my contacts and favorite sites emails ect. I have set up an icon to access my AOL email but can I set one up to access my AOL homepage? If so, will I have to sign in each time or can I save an automatic access?

How do I turn up the ringtone volume more? I obviously used the button on the side but it's really not very loud. Maybe it's the default tone?

I called Verizon to ask how to transfer my contacts, ect from my Voyager to the Droid. She said the best way is to bring them both to Verizon which is a hassle. Is there another way?

I downloaded the manual but it didn't help much. Plus there's no index so you can't, for example, look under "speakers" or "volume".
Thanks to anyone who can help!

if you can download Google sync for the voyager it will synch your contacts online then Droid will download them to itself

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
OK.
Fixed the speaker prob by removing battery and rebooting.
I hope that isn't a chronic problem.
Still open to the AOL question.