Baseband?

drummerq

Reaction score
Bump, thinking of updating baseband, want to know what I'm doing

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So updating baseband would do????

In theory it could increase your reception, in practice this varies. Some people say they get better reception and speeds on older basebands while the newer ones aren't as good, while others say the opposite. Personally I didn't notice any major difference, and what I may have noticed could have been placebo. I wasn't alone in my findings either, with the little to no difference.

Side note: Not that it matters, but be aware that updating your baseband should require you to reactivate your phone.

drummerq

Reaction score

In theory it could increase your reception, in practice this varies. Some people say they get better reception and speeds on older basebands while the newer ones aren't as good, while others say the opposite. Personally I didn't notice any major difference, and what I may have noticed could have been placebo. I wasn't alone in my findings either, with the little to no difference.

Side note: Not that it matters, but be aware that updating your baseband should require you to reactivate your phone.

What do u mean by reactivate ur phone?

Thunder_sl

Reaction score

What do u mean by reactivate ur phone?

Once you update, your phone will not work. You have to reactivate it by dialing *22899 (or *228 and follow the prompts). It is more or less the same process you follow when you switch to a new phone.