Baseband update

stonephoenix

Reaction score
I want to update my baseband. I have the first Motorola Droid and I've been rooted since February. I've changed ROMs over a dozen times, but I haven't done anything with the baseband. The main reason is because of the "reactivation" that's required afterwards. I read somewhere that I'll have to dial *228 or something like that and press "1" when prompted, but it wasn't offered as actual instructions so I'm unsure how to proceed. Is it true that you can't restore a backup to fix an issue with flashing a new baseband? Can you share with me what I need to know other than placing the download on my sd and renaming to update.zip?

I've gotten nothing but excellent advice from RS in the past, so I thought I come here to ask for help so that I don't screw this up.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.:D

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what does your phone say for baseband under settings>about phone?

Edit: newest is C_01.43.01P

OP
S

stonephoenix

Reaction score
Thank you for posting a reply. Currently my baseband is C_01.3E.01P. I would like to upgrade to the newest. I was told you have to move up to the newest by first upgrading to C_01.41.00R, however, I did find a download that does both in one install.

Thanks again, I really appreciate this... :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes Pete made an all in one baseband.zip. If you need anymore help don't hesitate.:)

OP
S

stonephoenix

Reaction score
After I install the update.zip, what are the steps to reactivate the phone? If I run into any problems (i.e. the phone won't reactivate, I lose 3G, or the phone is stuck roaming) can I do a restore and come back to where I am now?

holeshot

Reaction score
OP
S

stonephoenix

Reaction score
That turned out to be quite painless. There was no re-activation required. My baseband is now showing as the most current and everything seems to be working as it should. Thanks again.

Last edited:

holeshot

Reaction score
That turned out to be quite painless. There was no re-activation required. My baseband is now showing as the most current and everything seems to be working as it should. Thanks again.

Yes it was thank you for posting the link. Im all set :icon_ banana: