barnacle tether on 2.2

TheBirdWord

Reaction score
So I'm running a succulent desire 2.2rom which I love...but ever since I put it on my barnacle wifi tether stopped working..anyone got any clue why?

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
So I'm running a succulent desire 2.2rom which I love...but ever since I put it on my barnacle wifi tether stopped working..anyone got any clue why?

for some reason barnacle tether isn't working on 2.2, yet, at least not in my experiences, heres a link to a known working one, on 2.2, stay tuned for future SD, updates, as this version is still BETA, and not finished.. dancedroid

wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.2 - Project Hosting on Google Code

OP
TheBirdWord

TheBirdWord

Reaction score
Ohh okay...besides that. The only other thing I've noticed is that youtube doesn't wanna work right...for me at least annnd my task manager I am running won't close any programs out so they all stay running in the background :(

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Ohh okay...besides that. The only other thing I've noticed is that youtube doesn't wanna work right...for me at least annnd my task manager I am running won't close any programs out so they all stay running in the background :(

the task mananger i believe is an issue with the app, cause its been that way on all the froyo builds, the app needs to be updated to the new 2.2 SDK, but thats something the Developer of the app will have to do..

almost all of the bugs you find are because of the froyo build, or app's not being compatible..

OP
TheBirdWord

TheBirdWord

Reaction score
ahh yes i see now...sorry for asking before diggin through stuff for myself and trying to figure it out lol...i just dont wanna eff anything up on my phone but hey..thats what its all about right hahaha thanks for the tether link...i enjoy it greatly :icon_ banana:

OP
TheBirdWord

TheBirdWord

Reaction score
another question...what exactly does froyo mean?? lol and again...i looove the sd rom how does one go about making something like this/

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
another question...what exactly does froyo mean?? lol and again...i looove the sd rom how does one go about making something like this/

from engadget

Proving once again that those who don't watch The Engadget Show are always going to be one step behind those who do, our latest star guest Erick Tseng has dropped a dollop of exclusive wisdom on us: Android's next big iteration will be known as Froyo. That's short for "frozen yogurt" and fits right in line with the zany naming scheme that has delivered us Cupcakes, Donuts, and Eclairs so far. If you had your money on Flan being next in that alphabetical order, sorry to disappoint. No additional info could be squeezed out of the Google man at present -- such as how much further along Froyo will be from Android 2.1 (technically considered part of Eclair) or when we might expect the upgrade -- but we've got a name and that should be plenty to get us started on another wonderful journey of soothsaying and speculation.

OP
TheBirdWord

TheBirdWord

Reaction score
I know it means frozen yogurt..but in the android world when it comes to roms what does froyo mean? Is it like a preview? Or a beta version? Or what

aero

Reaction score
2.2 back to 2.1?

Can you go back to 2.1 after loading 2.2?

Thanks

BUTLERDANIEL70

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a wifi tether app for android that uses a wap signal instead of ad hoc?
I am trying to tether my droid 2 directly to my ps3 for playing modern warfare 2. I live in the country so i have no hsi options
availible at this point. And before any naysayers chime in, let me say this- i'm already playing through this connection but
i have to tether the droid to the laptop and then connect a cable from the laptop to the ps3 with a shared connection.
What i'm wanting to do is take the laptop out of the equation so it's not tied up & my wife can use it while i'm playing c.o.d.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!!!