Barnacle problem, yes I did a search

QMaverick

Reaction score
I have Froyo running on my Droid, and Barnacle came out with an update that basically says it'll work now. However, whenever I try to start beaconing the ad-hoc network, my computer refuses to see my droid in the available connections list.

I enabled ad-hoc connections on my adapter (the idea I found using the forum search), and still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Viper323

Reaction score
I have Froyo running on my Droid, and Barnacle came out with an update that basically says it'll work now. However, whenever I try to start beaconing the ad-hoc network, my computer refuses to see my droid in the available connections list.

I enabled ad-hoc connections on my adapter (the idea I found using the forum search), and still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Try Wireless Tether? Lol sorry I can't be more help but I used barnacle at first too until I found Wireless Tether, it seems like I've had less issues with it

OP
Q

QMaverick

Reaction score
If I use wireless tether, Verizon sees it and pops up it's stupid "pay us but loads of extra money to use one of your phone's features" pages and that's all the internet I can get with it now.