bar code scanning grocery list

Droid4me

Reaction score
Anything like this exist yet? Or any grocery list?

I just purchased my droid today - should have it in hand Wednesday, so am looking for all the apps I need to make my droid work for ME. ANy help, as always, is much appreciated.

Stigy

Reaction score
There are tons of Barcode scanning apps. The two I use are Barcode Scanner (for scanning QR codes of programs) and ShopSavvy for scanning product's bar codes for comparison shopping.

And why not just use a Notes application for a grocery list?

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
I downloaded OI Shopping List. It is basically functional. I want an app to sync or import MasterCook shopping list without having to export to pdf (supposing I need an app to read pdfs as well). But alas, I am not holding my breath. I like the OI one that I can "check stuff off" if you will, which I cannot do in a pdf export. In the meantime, if anyone knows a better one, let me know.

Zippster

Reaction score
Cant forget Keyring app which allows you to scan in all those annoying store bonus cards and have them all handy on your phone.

goodguy

Reaction score
Grocery king paid app claims to do this

I think that is a good feature. I haven't tried Grocery King yet but was also looking for good shopping app Anyone try it on the droid?

Droidlicous

Reaction score
I would like to see an app that u scan product to per say put on a shopping list. Kinda like an inventory type thing. You know what I mean?

Moondonkey

Reaction score
My wife and I use "Our Groceries" its free and it updates the list on both of our droids. You can set up different lists as well.

No barcode feature though. Don't think I would use it though. Seems easier to just to type coffee, then making sure I have enough light and the upc is straight, and taking a picture.

Mateles

Reaction score
I didn't want to type up my whole shopping list, but then again I don't have barcodes for... apples (and a lot of other stuff).

I use a Google Document Spreadsheet and the GDocs app. I also shared it with my GF who can command me what to buy from miles away without calling.

The only thing is you can't "check off" what you bought, which could be annoying with a huuuuuuge list. Fortunately I usually grab 10 items or less per trip.

Moondonkey - can you type a list in an email and send it using "Our Groceries" ? It didn't seem like it and my main goal is to not type up the whole thing on my phone.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I don't think there is a way to type it up on PC. It does remember items from your previous list and then you can just select them off that list.

Typing up a list at a computer sounds like you would have to have a paper list as well, which is what I don't want. With the "our groceries" app, If I use the last of the milk, I just pull out the phone and put it on there.

WhiskeySix

Reaction score
oh man I'd love something like this. right now, our grocery list is an excel spread sheet that we print out. We got a store-map from the local market and organized it by isle... as we snake through the store, the next thing on the list is the next thing we'll come across in the isles. (With three kids under the age of 6, getting in and out efficiently is key)

if this doesn't yet exist, then it's time for me to start looking into developing for android!

Mateles

Reaction score
Typing up a list at a computer sounds like you would have to have a paper list as well, which is what I don't want. With the "our groceries" app, If I use the last of the milk, I just pull out the phone and put it on there.
The google doc replaces the physical list, at least for me. I'm the only one with a smart phone right now though, so unfortunately "Our Groceries" won't work for us. She's still stuck writing down whatever I don't pick up. As she should, the non-droid.

techguru

Reaction score
The google doc replaces the physical list, at least for me. I'm the only one with a smart phone right now though, so unfortunately "Our Groceries" won't work for us. She's still stuck writing down whatever I don't pick up. As she should, the non-droid.

It would be great if it could be updated form teh web like Upvise or using RememberTheMilk. My wife also doesn't have a Droid. She would use an iPhone if it was available on Verizon.

Alan

Moondonkey

Reaction score
It would be great if it could be updated form teh web like Upvise or using RememberTheMilk. My wife also doesn't have a Droid. She would use an iPhone if it was available on Verizon.

Alan[/QUOTE]

There is a Iphone version of Our Groceries, and it still syncs cross platform.

Donsell

Reaction score
Google has an online shopping list manager available from your gmail account. It also has a shopping service that lets you scan a bar code and locate the best price, but there isn't a way I can find a way to scan a bar code then add it to your list.

Seems like this is a no brainer enhancement for Google to make.