Bad touchscreen calibration

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
Anyone else have problems with this on their new Droid 4? For example sometimes when I press the app drawer (a little bit towards the top of the icon) I hit the apps that are located on the bottom row.. anyone know of a way to recalibrate the touchscreen?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I just tried and didn't have that problem. Only if I was closer to the app on the bottom of that icon. Otherwise it opened or closed my app sreen. And if I hit right between the two, it didn't do anything.

I'm using ADW Launder instead of the stock home screen, could that make a difference?

B-Unit

Reaction score
I noticed the first display model they had at the VZW store seemed to be somewhat off as well. Initially scared me, thought that was 'normal' for the phone.

As for screen calibration, I seem to recall performing one on my OG Droid, but dont remember how or why...

EDIT: Nevermind, was confusing the old Windows Mobile screen calibration and the touching of the 4 corners to skip Google account setup.

OP
E

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
Anyone else testing their phones? I'm using launcherpro that might be the cause?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

FlapdoodleJunction

Reaction score
I have a touchscreen issue that's baffling me - there are places in the top left of the screen that put the phone to sleep on long press. Which is not so good when I'm, say, trying to hide some of the uninvited apps in the apps menu. It's pretty strange.

NTchrist

Reaction score
I have a touchscreen issue that's baffling me - there are places in the top left of the screen that put the phone to sleep on long press. Which is not so good when I'm, say, trying to hide some of the uninvited apps in the apps menu. It's pretty strange.

do you have the "turn off in pocket" option on? one of the sensors is up there, if you set them all off, it turns off the display.

Linux4ever

Reaction score
For me I find the touch screen to be bad when the phone is charging... Otherwise it works fine when it is not charging... Maybe it needs a software update and hopefully is not the hardware I got...

FlapdoodleJunction

Reaction score
Blimey! Is that the cause? I'll have to look into it. I wonder if the gel cover contributes to the "Hey phone, you're in a pocket now" message.

Yep, I think it's the pocket thing. Only seems to be an issue when the phone is perpendicular to the ground. Haven't worked out whether the gel cover is a factor. I also have a screen protector on it.

Just wanted to weigh back in with the fix that's working -- keeping the phone angled.

Glad for that, because I like the in-pocket detection guard.

I find my D4 to have fantastic screen calibration now that we're getting used to one another.

Bigfoot77

Reaction score
My touchscreen seems to get a little wonky when it's charging, too. Seems to happen worse when I'm using one of my many cheap aftermarket micro usb cables. Could it be a lack of shielding/interference problem?