Bad battery life on Franco

cprtinc

Reaction score
I really want to have the experience that others have when using Franco, but my battery life on this has just been terrible. I have the latest Franco kernel and Codename Android. What gives?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the amazing Codename Android!

OP
C

cprtinc

Reaction score
It was amazing on lean kernel, which I will stay with until I can figure it out. I didn't change anything from one to another

catfisher

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having issues. I abandoned CND for the same reason. Tried Lean and Franco and didn't have any luck. I guess maybe some phones don't play nice with every setup. Italy not be the answer you were looking for but it is the truth...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Both Codename and Franco kernel have had wakelock issues in the past. How terrible are we talking? Use CPUSpy to see if the Deep Sleep state of your phone's CPU is being used. If it's not, check for updates of both the ROM and kernel, and if they're up to date, try switching one or the other until the problem goes away.

adr3nalin3

Reaction score
I haven't had luck with Franco's kernel either. After trying lean kernel as well, I am satisfied just using the stock CND kernel. I get 15-16 hours of battery life on average (extended batt) and phone is smooth :)

OP
C

cprtinc

Reaction score
I haven't had luck with Franco's kernel either. After trying lean kernel as well, I am satisfied just using the stock CND kernel. I get 15-16 hours of battery life on average (extended batt) and phone is smooth :)

Thats right. I couldn't complete 10 hrs on Franco, but I love CNA way too much to leave it for a kernel, so ill stick with lean

Nealius

Reaction score
I bought and loaded the app yesterday
I was having a high use day yesterday
Today I let the phone sit for 90 mins

There is a problem for sure with this kernal

View attachment 47177

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!