Franco

Capone76

Reaction score
I'm running JBSourcery and installed Franco Kernel. What's the best way to set it up for good speed but decent battery. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'm running JBSourcery and installed Franco Kernel. What's the best way to set it up for good speed but decent battery. Thanks

Personally as of recently, I have basically stopped changing a lot of kernel settings. I change the color calibrations, I tinker with a few things (I disable logging as an example), and I play with new stuff that has been added (schedulers, governors, or whatever it may be). But for the most part I just flash it and let it go. Quite a few kernels have SR enabled, which makes manually undervolting semi-pointless.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, and I would recommend settings, but each device can react differently to setups. By this I mean, if I tell you my overclocking and undervolting settings (if they were different than stock haha), and you were to apply them, your device may not like them. You could see problems in apps, device lockups, reboots, and unnecessary battery drain. Also perhaps my usage pattern doesn't require faster speeds, or "faster" governors, that yours you may notice some lag.

I find that experimentation is the best way to find out what settings are best for each device, setup, ROM, or whatever.

OP
C

Capone76

Reaction score
cupfulloflol said:
Personally as of recently, I have basically stopped changing a lot of kernel settings. I change the color calibrations, I tinker with a few things (I disable logging as an example), and I play with new stuff that has been added (schedulers, governors, or whatever it may be). But for the most part I just flash it and let it go. Quite a few kernels have SR enabled, which makes manually undervolting semi-pointless.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, and I would recommend settings, but each device can react differently to setups. By this I mean, if I tell you my overclocking and undervolting settings (if they were different than stock haha), and you were to apply them, your device may not like them. You could see problems in apps, device lockups, reboots, and unnecessary battery drain. Also perhaps my usage pattern doesn't require faster speeds, or "faster" governors, that yours you may notice some lag.

I find that experimentation is the best way to find out what settings are best for each device, setup, ROM, or whatever.

Right now all I did was change CPU to 1420 and 230.

rjcapp

Reaction score
What governor is everyone using ?

rjcapp

Reaction score
I'm trying Wheatley. Personally I can't tell a difference. Basically when I use the phone battery drops.

billyk

Reaction score
Brand new to Franco Kernel. Just installed the app this am and Kernel #241. Looking for better batter life on JB.

During the auto-flash, I selected 512GPU. Am I better off selected the lower GPU for battery savings? Interestingly, I seem to notice a slight choppiness in swyping between home screens. Could just be me looking closer - maybe too close!

Also, there is a leankernel download option. Is this the preferred kernel for best battery life?

Thanks in advance for your input!

rjcapp

Reaction score
I'm using the 384 GPU.

billyk

Reaction score
I reflashed to 384GPU, based on more research that I did.

Still would like to hear about Franco settings that aid battery llife.