Backup contacts / Facebook problem.. DON'T have this happen 2 U

jackals

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well I had about 900+ contacts and they were built up over the last 10 years... anyways I am bored today and decided to delete all the contacts. I deleted them all in gmail and backup assistant on vzw.com. Now, most of the people because they were old contacts over the years didn't come up with their facebook picture in my contacts (on my lg ally). There were some that I had their FB name so it would sink with their fb (people I had their fb name on as a contact name)... for example: only ones like Nicole Cousin, and when I re-put her name in my contact under her fb name it worked... but for my friend Sean Adams for instance, I had Sean Adams. When I went to create his contact and put Sean Adams, it saves the contact, but doesn't come up with his fb info now. It does this for everyone I have that I had their fb names recently.. its a glitch or something stupid

anyone know whats wrong or a way to fix this?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Try deleting your fb app then reinstall. After you put in your email and password you go to another screen that asks how you want to sync your contacts. You get 3 options: 1 sync all friends to your phone. 2 sync fb with contacts already on your phone only. 3 don't sync with any contacts. If you want all your fb friends listed in your contacts select the first option. It sounds to me like you want option 2. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
hey forgot about that. I am going to give it a try right now.

EDIT: where do I go to delete the fb app?

Went to applications and saw 1 there but it was the update. I deleted that, and I also deleted the FB sync thing under accounts/sync.

Anything else to delete?

Last edited:
OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
I did that, reput my pw and email.. then chose the 2nd one sync with existing contacts. NOW all don't update. Not a single 1.. so it was just like the 1st time but since i re put all the people in the facebook name way, everyone doesn't sync now. ha what a bunch of crap.

Any other suggestions before I chuck this phone out the window lol

OP
jackals

jackals

Reaction score
Sorry that didn't work for. I'm going to play around with mine see if I can figure something out for ya.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

After I turned off my phone I then went into the contacts and under the persons name I had #, email, and then their fb page with the BLUE F.. I click that blue F on the right side and voilaaaa it loads the facebook app, and their little pic appears in the top left like always... i click back, and back again, and BAM its there on their contact. It also appears when i open my texts, all the pics appear like the contact. It DOESN'T appear however, when i click the green ( left side) dial button, and go thru recent calls, that doesn't work. ALSO when I go into the contact, I use to be able to see their status under their contact name.. I can not see that.

^^^ Again these are for already past saved contacts.. if I enter your grandmas # in here, it will work as advertised (assuming I don't have her in my phone book ;)) all jokes aside.. just past contacts; its being weird/glitchy, etc.

For the summary: I basically got it working (I can live with how it is now), but it doesn't show their status under there name, and under recent calls I cant see their pic..and when I enter a new contact all works fine.

Last edited: