Backup Assistant Gone After Freezing Apps

EastPhilly

Reaction score
Hello,
I used AntTek App Manager to freeze the bloatware and long story short Backup Assistant is now missing from my phone.
I did a factory reset to see if that would work, but I cannot even add my BA account, the whole set it now missing. Verizon basically just showed me how to get my contact off of their site and import them to GMail, but of course all the numbers just come back to my phone as notes and not in the right fields, so I will have to manually re-type all the numbers.

Any help on where I should get put specific files and what files I need to replace? I looked at the .219 dump posted here and it seems like I have everything in the right place, but I cannot understand why Backup Assistant isnt showing up or even available in accounts.
"Backup Assistant Plus" and Backup Assistant+ Media" show up in my "Applications > All" section, but they are not usable.

Or a step by step tutorial on putting ICS on? (I would need to know needed apps, needed files, where to put files, what buttons to hit, etc... )

OP
E

EastPhilly

Reaction score
Ok. So I checked the system/app folder with Total Command. What happened is the affected apps are still in the system folder as .apk_fro
With no way to unfreeze them I will just replace the _fro apks with the real apk and delete to frozen extensions.
I tried to do this last night by replacing the whole app folder in one overwrite, but the phone didn't like that too much, so a piece by piece replacement will be necessary.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You should be able to defrost the apps you froze to bring them back. You can try a different app if anttek is working for ya. Romtool box is a pretty good one. I think you will find most people use google to back up there numbers and stuff not VZW. Check out the link in my signature for the all in one Droid 4 tool. Oh and a good file browser is es file explorer. If you still can't get it then you can always fastboot back to stock 219.

OP
E

EastPhilly

Reaction score
I couldn't unfreeze them with AntTek. I just replaced the files, then downloaded Rom Toolbox and refroze the ones I know I wouldn't need and left others I was unsure about. Rom Toolbox worked for me before, but the UI seemed like it would draw more power than leaving the apps unfrozen. I will see how it works.
Thanks for the Tool link though. If something comes up later on and I can't get the right permissions for updates I will probably go back to that for reference and the right downloads.