Backup assistance

nemisis9

Reaction score
My backup asst. Won't sync unless I manually do it. I'm not rooted but am using adw launcher. Is that the reason it won't sync automatically. It did it when I was using the stock home launcher so I'm thinking that's it. Any info is much appreciated. If this is the cause is there a way to make it sync auto using adw. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you need back up assistance for? Your contacts are backed up by Google Your apps are backed up in the Market and backup assistant wouldn't help for that anyway. Unless you are planning on moving away from Android Backup assistant IMHO is useless.

OP
nemisis9

nemisis9

Reaction score
Its the data synch thing. Its supposed to do it every day between like 6-12 or somethig like that.

Sent from my DROID2

gsdreams

Reaction score
It's a person's choice in whether they use backup assistant, although I tend to move people away from it. On a D2 any new contacts automatically are associated with the gmail acct, not BUA.

You have to create contacts as "phone" to associate with BUA.

But this doesn't get back to your problem.

Go into manage applications and clear both the sync and the bua apps. Then restart them and relogin to the BUA app.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Has anyone performed the addon 'backup assistance' after going to steel droid v2.0 and still getting a force close error? Any ideas on how to solve?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

CamSpanners

Reaction score
Try redownloading and reflashing both, I guess. Mine worked without a hitch

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Yeah just finished, tried backup assistance and first time it fc and now it just does nothing (no change from before

matthskim

Reaction score
Yeah just finished, tried backup assistance and first time it fc and now it just does nothing (no change from before

I am experiencing the same. Did you fix this backup assistance problem?

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I have no resolved this issue, I am now even on steel droid v3. Its not a huge deal because you can backup your contacts to gmail (and your apps to external sd card) but it still bothers my ocd that it doesn't work

DKDroid3

Reaction score
Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Seems like the only two things that aren't working after flashing ver 4.6 is the Universal Inbox (which I will try to fix tomorrow following the thread on that) and backup assistant. I have tried to reflash but it still FC's.