Google Calendar, Email, Contacts not syncing automatically/by push

droid5

Reaction score
For some reason, my Google apps, Calendar, Email, Contacts, Google +, do not sync unless I manually tell it to sync. I.e., Atuo-sync/push does not work on my phone. If I add a calendar online, I need to go into my phone, click on accounts, click on my specific Google account and then actually press the sync button!

I do use the "Android Booster v 1.2.80.22" and the "Advanced Task Killer v 1.9.7" Both of those task killing apps are absolutely necessary or my phone will be so slow, it will be essentially unusable.

However, I would like at least my Calendar to update automatically, either by push or ever 30 minutes or something. In fact, I just want control over how my phone does its syncing, that's all. It should be my choice is an app syncs manually or automatically. I have a feeling some background process is being killed by my task manager apps that I don't know about and I can't pin point it.

But my main question is: how do I make sure my Google apps sync properly?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First thing to do is uninstall any task killers you have. They're totally unnecessary- you can do a search for "task killer" on the forum and find tons of information about them.

OP
D

droid5

Reaction score
First thing to do is uninstall any task killers you have. They're totally unnecessary- you can do a search for "task killer" on the forum and find tons of information about them.

I have heard that they are unnecessary, but in reality my phone gets like 10x faster after I use it... So, I'd rather not get rid of it. All I need to do is basically find out how to have my task killers ignore the google sync service...

lizard

Reaction score
Do you have sync turned off someplace like a widget or on your power bar perhaps.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

OP
D

droid5

Reaction score
Do you have sync turned off someplace like a widget or on your power bar perhaps.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

I don't think so... I thought I actually went through every app and setting and tried to disable anything looks like "power save sync" or what-not...

sklakhani

Reaction score
SOLVED: turn AUTO-SYNC ON with Power Widget

I had recently reset the phone and after that, none of the google apps (contacts, gmail, calendar) were sync'ing automatically... manual sync worked fine but auto-sync stopped working after the reset...

Add the 1x4 power widget to screen and then turn on the sync icon (where gray is off and green bar under the icon is on). I spent two days digging through the menus and 1 hour with VZW and Motorola support... the Motorola support guy at 18003316456 told me to do this... works great.

nikecar

Reaction score
On my phone it says my Google sync won't work if I'm low on storage.