Backup and then factory reset

Grady

Reaction score
Here's my goal: I want to reset my phone back to factory. It's rooted, deodexed, themed with Fabolous' REVolution theme, and it's on Froyo. That's it. I have serveral nandroid backups and titanium backups. I know google will auto download my apps but what about my app data? Is there a way I can factory reset and then restore all my app data? I love my phone the way it is right now but it's doing some weird things...so, I believe it's time for a reset. I don't want GB, so I'll have to root immediately to prevent the update..

But I guess what I'm asking is...Is there a way to factory reset my phone and then afterwards get the phone basically back to where it is now (minus the things that are making me want to reset it)? And what kind of things should I backup before resetting? I'd hate to forget something..

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

kevinkar

Reaction score
I was on Gingerbread, applied the latest "one click root" which worked. I then used Titanium backup to backup apps+data. I used the Linux CD method to return to Froyo, installed Z4Root and then Titanium Backup. Lastly I restored apps only for those apps that really didn't need any saved data restored and apps+data for those that did (Angry Birds, for example) and it worked just fine.

I did not backup phone stuff and relied on Google and Verizon's Backup Assistant to restore contact data.

Since the phone was using Z4Root, the Android Market did not automatically restore apps but that was the point of using Titanium Backup and restoring apps. I didn't have to update and redownload from the Market. Same was true of the Amazon App Store.

So I did what you want to do and it appeared to work the way I expected.