Background Blurry

bssappe

Reaction score
when i download a picture and set it as my background, it is huge and blurry on the screen. i've tried cropping and pretty much everything else i can think of but i can't get the pic to look normal. i just want my home screen (just the middle screen) to have a college football teams emblem on it but i can't make that happen.....little help please...
i love my phone and i love this site,
Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you taping the orange box and dragging it out to it's full extent?

M

Matth3w

Keep something in mind...if the Droid operates like my G1 did when I have it...the wallpaper isn't three separate screens. It's just one. Each swipe to the left or right only pans the picture to the right or left. So you definitely need to make sure your image is the correct size/resolution.

The Droid's screen is 960x854 so pretty much anything out of that range or very close to it, is going to look like crap.

OP
bssappe

bssappe

Reaction score
not sure about the size, i just did a search for a University of Georgia G and i downloaded several of them and can't get it to work.
i do tap the orange box and drag the square out as large as i can but it's still blurry, sometimes it's worse than others but i've tried making the orange box small, huge, middle but they are all blurry...

M

Matth3w

Describe what you are looking for (color, etc) or show me a link to what you are trying to set as the background and I will turn it into the proper size for you. Like do you just want a UofG black background with the logo on your center screen?

OP
bssappe

bssappe

Reaction score
That's exactly right...a Georgia G with a black background would be perfect or a UGA Helment or anything but the G is really what I'm looking for...
how would i find the size of the pics? when i search Google i can see the images and download them but i have no idea what size they are.

OP
bssappe

bssappe

Reaction score
It fits but it's blurry...please don't think I'm being picky because it was awesome for u to do that. Am I doing somthing wrong?

M

Matth3w

Not sure, it's the correct size for the Droid wallpaper. Perhaps someone can say why. I don't think you're picky, it took me like 10 seconds to do.

OP
bssappe

bssappe

Reaction score
Got it!

I was trying to save it from the forum site instead of opening the link & then saving the picture. once i did that it looks perfect!
thanks so much for doing that. this site is great...

M

Matth3w

I'll pm you that other picture you asked about later...but I can't at the moment.