Back up started in notification bar

jsbcarman

Reaction score
Afternoon, hope someone can enlighten me, having a issue with phone, every morning at 4:38am phone starts back up, but what is being backed up I haven't a clue, is this common? Happened before and unistalled color note and seemed to cure it for a while, well that and pushing and changing every other setting I could think of, anyways problem started again 1/28 after an update? Please help
Jeff

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
Master reset done ugh!!! Will see what happens in am

Purplfreak

Reaction score
Have you downloaded a antivirus app? If so you night want to uninstall it. Per VZW Support...they conflict with the preloaded antivirus on Bionic. Just a thought, but worth a guess. Good luck

pbickel

Reaction score
If you have your back up assistant set to run from 12 to 6 am it will do it automatically whenever it feels appropriate even if nothing changed

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
I disabled back up assistant thru Verizon. Com thinking that was it, but will see tomorrow I guess

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
This morning after master reset, so far so good

slamanna212

Reaction score
That's weird my bionic didn't come preloaded with anti virus

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
Oh and no anti virus downloaded either for me, Verizon didn't recommend it. Bionic is otherwise fantastic except for that annoying icon which has hopefully stopped showing up and the fact they don't offer a hard case that slips on like on the thunderbolt

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
Day two all is well

pbickel

Reaction score
It probably is that back up assistant. Mine does it on my Bionic and did it on my charge and my thunderbolt as well

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
Well I hope it was that, not putting it back on that's for sure. It had stopped for a while before reoccurring after I disabled it, which led me to master reset. So I got fingers crossed

bbtkd

Reaction score
Well I hope it was that, not putting it back on that's for sure. It had stopped for a while before reoccurring after I disabled it, which led me to master reset. So I got fingers crossed

So looking at your original post, what was the issue? Did it never finish? Automated backups that run overnight are a good thing if they work. You didn't indicate what was really wrong.

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
I don't really know what was being backed up ever when I had backup assistant it worked I could set schedule or sync anytime, the little circle arrow icon would come on every morning at 4:38a would only state " backup started" and would remain that way til I powered off, I don't think it drained battery but was annoying to see it and not know why. It left when I stopped bkup assist thru Verizon. But came back a week ago for unknown reason. Could be calender on phone also I am not sure, if it comes back I will sure ne looking for help lol

pbickel

Reaction score
It could be any of the things your signed into on my accounts like your gmail account or anything in that area. Go to the app my accounts and see what's syncing

OP
J

jsbcarman

Reaction score
Thanks I checked, aol, and Facebook don't have sync option there, skype, twitter and gmail do all works quickly except calender under gmail it took longer to sync than everything else. I don't know if that has anything to do with fact that in the calender management section, the phone calender wont "sync/visible " the way the other settings do. If that makes sense. Probably should have read manual, but im a dude you know that ain't happening lol