Back Up Assistant/Sync

Setaal

Reaction score
I'm trying to link all my email contacts w/ the facebook contacts. I figured out how to link them, so yay for me. :)

Now what I'm wondering is if I go on MyVerizon and try to Sync my contacts after all these changes are made, will all my changes/links/deletions be lost? Will I never be able to use the Sync feature again? Or will the back up assistant know the difference and save my contacts as I have them saved on my Incredible?

Also, how do I look at my Back Up Assistant on the Incredible and make sure it is backing up my contacts daily? My last phone had Back Up Assistant and somehow stopped backing up daily so when I switched to the Incredible ALL my contacts were lost. So I'm a little concerned about that happening again.

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to link all my email contacts w/ the facebook contacts. I figured out how to link them, so yay for me. :)

Now what I'm wondering is if I go on MyVerizon and try to Sync my contacts after all these changes are made, will all my changes/links/deletions be lost? Will I never be able to use the Sync feature again? Or will the back up assistant know the difference and save my contacts as I have them saved on my Incredible?

Also, how do I look at my Back Up Assistant on the Incredible and make sure it is backing up my contacts daily? My last phone had Back Up Assistant and somehow stopped backing up daily so when I switched to the Incredible ALL my contacts were lost. So I'm a little concerned about that happening again.

Thanks.

You have a google phone. Verizon is no longer your back up, Google is.

Did you notice when you first got your phone they either had you create a Google account or had you use an existing one. Your contacts are backed up in gmail. Calendar is now backed up in Google Calendar.

https://ebillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/secure/backupassistant.action?name=ILC-RM-BACKUPASSTNT

Notice that in this selection Android phones point to google.

OP
S

Setaal

Reaction score
I appreciate the help, but that doesn't really answer my question. I am trying to back up my contacts. I don't even use Google mail, but I did set up a google email as required to start the phone. I am concerned that Verizon's back up assistant (or Google's) will screw up the changes I've been trying to make when it updates next. Also, how do I make sure that back up assistant does, in fact, back up my contacts etc. so that in the event that this phone dies I don't have to go through all this again. The link that you gave me takes me to exactly where I am in My Verizon Back up assistant.

I'm very confused, and don't know what I need to do to back up my contacts.