back up assistant or gmail

tech94

Reaction score
which do you guys use to store your contat info. i was using the gmail back up on the droid, but when i got the incredible i set up the back up assistant. not sure which is better, if either. or it if even makes a difference as far as battery life or anything else. i used back up assistant with my env touch and it worked w/o issues. any ideas or suggestions? also if i were to switch from using one to the other how can i change it on the phone? only seems to save new contacts under one or the other and i cant figure out how to switch to the other

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
which do you guys use to store your contat info. i was using the gmail back up on the droid, but when i got the incredible i set up the back up assistant. not sure which is better, if either. or it if even makes a difference as far as battery life or anything else. i used back up assistant with my env touch and it worked w/o issues. any ideas or suggestions? also if i were to switch from using one to the other how can i change it on the phone? only seems to save new contacts under one or the other and i cant figure out how to switch to the other

It's a Google phone. The common sense thing to do is to put everything in Google. Your calendar, your contacts, if you can do it that's what you should do.

I suppose backup assistant is dependable but to really get the phone to function at it's finest capabilities I think it's just smarter to use what Google offers.