Issues with facebook sync

dwagner88

Reaction score
I am trying to get my sister's incredible set up, and so far things haven't gone well. For starters Sense is driving me up the wall. I will NEVER buy a phone with sense on it. It's pretty, but it seems harder to use to me than vanilla android.

I cannot get her facebook contacts to sync with her normal contacts. The phone has a "suggested link" on each contact page to link to the facebook profile, but unlike on my Droid, it is NOT automatically syncing them. Is there a way to automatically sync them up so that we don't have to go through every single contact one at a time and manually link them?

Also, one other issue: A box keeps popping up saying "Contact not found" and it will not go away. Seriously unimpressed with this phone so far. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Last edited:
OP
D

dwagner88

Reaction score
she went ahead and manually linked all of her contacts, but it took a while. The contact not found icon problem seems to have solved itself also, may have had something to do with syncing the phone for the first time.

Now I have only two more questions: Should I be using HTC mail for gmail, or google's gmail app? Which is better?

And how do I sync her contacts with gmail? This is something else that was done automatically on the droid, that I can't figure out on the Incredible.