Back to stock?

hustler616

Reaction score
I am trying to get my phone back to stock so I can send it back, already received new one.

I rooted the phone and all I did was get rid of bloatware, I put everything on my sd card that i deleted and have moved them back into the system/app folder but after going through everything and doing factory reset on the phone not all of the apps are back on the phone. I just want to get it back to stock so if there is a step by step direction somewhere i would appreciate it if you could lead me in right direction. I have looked and found a couple but cant find the download, keep getting page not found.

Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am trying to get my phone back to stock so I can send it back, already received new one.

I rooted the phone and all I did was get rid of bloatware, I put everything on my sd card that i deleted and have moved them back into the system/app folder but after going through everything and doing factory reset on the phone not all of the apps are back on the phone. I just want to get it back to stock so if there is a step by step direction somewhere i would appreciate it if you could lead me in right direction. I have looked and found a couple but cant find the download, keep getting page not found.

Try this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html

Good luck

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The more I thought about this, the more I think the right answer for you is to remove the superuser app and anything else that points to the phone having been rooted and send it back. If the bloatware stuff doesn't work I don't think that will be an issue (assuming you are sending it back as a warranty return) as they will totally wipe phone and reflash it.

OP
H

hustler616

Reaction score
yea i already unrooted it, and did factory reset. everything is gone. Thank you for the replies

Tonik

Reaction score
Just send it back, they have never bothered me and I have never heard of anyone getting hassled.

matthew6279

Reaction score
I did an unroot and factory reset but yet it still shows the Kinetx v1.0 as the build?? And when I click system update it says system is up to date but system version is still 894??

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Using sarg's fxz method will help you get rid of root. Never had luck just doing a factory reset either.