Back Space button in landscape mode

sandro00

Reaction score
Back Space button on landscape doesn't work sometimes. anyone else? what up with that? i have to go back to portrait to get the back space to delete the letter then back to landscape to finish the sentence.

didiwags

Reaction score
I do not have that issue. Have you checked to see if there is something wrong with that spot??

Sent from my Rezound

jcscof

Reaction score
Back Space button on landscape doesn't work sometimes. anyone else? what up with that? i have to go back to portrait to get the back space to delete the letter then back to landscape to finish the sentence.

I can produce the issue I think you are reporting. When in "Messages" and you begin typing a text message with the phone in the vertical position and continue typing in the same text message in the landscape mode and you attempt to backspace the text that you typed while in the vertical position I cannot remove the text. While typing in landscape mode you can in fact backspace the text you had typed while in landscape mode, however any text that was typed while in vertical mode you cannot backspace it until you return it to the vertical position.

I have reported the issue to HTC support today 11.23.2011 and surprisingly the HTC support person was able to reproduce the same issue. HTC support then had me clear data on the application "Touch Input" and pull the battery while phone was powered on, this still did not fix the problem.

Wait and see if software update/fix will be coming.

Minor inconvience to say the least but still a bug. :)

Exquissie

Reaction score
Yes I noticed this same thing. It's bugging me.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
jscof nailed it. You can type in landscape if you start the message in landscape or go from portrait mode to landscape, then close and re-open the keyboard.

OP
S

sandro00

Reaction score
Ok I think I figured out what is causing it. After getting a replacement rezound (I claimed it as a warrenty issue) it fixed the problem, of course bc it was new. I then started to download my old aps . As time went on the problem came back I realized it was an ap interferring . My ap was Google translate .. I unistalled it and vwala!

ntrddragn

Reaction score
has anyone got a fix for this yet? i just got the rezound for my wife and was texting and noticed it. :mad: no google translate here. This phone is fresh aside from some apps update, i havent downloaded anything else.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get it now an then, close and reopen keyboard usually fixes it, or selecting a different part of the area and then going back to where the cursor was.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually switched keyboards and it seems to be the keyboard. The stock HTC keyboard, and better keyboard do it. The stock GB keyboard and go keyboard work just fine.

Last edited:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually switched keyboards and it seems to be the keyboard. The stock keyboard, and better keyboard do it. The stock GB keyboard and go keyboard work just fine.

been using swift key lately and haven't noticed it yet, only noticed it on stock as well, we shall see.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I use swype beta and haven't noticed this either. but when I did use stock I had a few keyboard issues.

OP
S

sandro00

Reaction score
Ok I think I figured out what is causing it. After getting a replacement rezound (I claimed it as a warrenty issue) it fixed the problem, of course bc it was new. I then started to download my old aps . As time went on the problem came back I realized it was an ap interferring . My ap was Google translate .. I unistalled it and vwala!

Actually it still does it.. not an apps fa:frown:ult, this sucks :-/