Awesome NYY live wallpapers

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just letting you guys in on somthing, some lwps made by developers here won't work on any other rom's but theirs. Like pete's old neural lwp wont work on any newer roms. So, if you want to edit a lwp, pull the one out of the ROM you are currently using and edit that. It should be under /system/apps. This should work.

Right...but why when I pull LW from CM 5.0.5.4...modify one .png....push that app back...cant that one modified paper work?

The water... grass..smoke...all work just not the Nexus LW....it is really starting to piss me off! :mad:

Oh, well maybe you should try the link someone posted earlier. How to modify you live wallpaper or something like that.

jbg25

Reaction score
Just letting you guys in on somthing, some lwps made by developers here won't work on any other rom's but theirs. Like pete's old neural lwp wont work on any newer roms. So, if you want to edit a lwp, pull the one out of the ROM you are currently using and edit that. It should be under /system/apps. This should work.

Right...but why when I pull LW from CM 5.0.5.4...modify one .png....push that app back...cant that one modified paper work?

The water... grass..smoke...all work just not the Nexus LW....it is really starting to piss me off! :mad:

Oh, well maybe you should try the link someone posted earlier. How to modify you live wallpaper or something like that.

If only it were that easy...that is my thread! LMAO

Works like a charm on all ESE53 LW...but Cyanogen and or Koush did something different ( i believe it is because it is ported from the Nexus One...and therefore the programming must be different since it is natively 2.1...but that is just an guess) and this method will not work no matter what I try..I have tried chmod 644, fix permissions via root explorer, and fix permissions via ROM Manager...none have worked.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

If only it were that easy...that is my thread! LMAO

Works like a charm on all ESE53 LW...but Cyanogen and or Koush did something different ( i believe it is because it is ported from the Nexus One...and therefore the programming must be different since it is natively 2.1...but that is just an guess) and this method will not work no matter what I try..I have tried chmod 644, fix permissions via root explorer, and fix permissions via ROM Manager...none have worked.

oh, well..., my bad :p I am not really looking into great detail right now about things like that.

I do not run cyanogenmod, and am in the middle of something to get my droid ready to run a new ROM, so I can't check either. Sorry.

jbg25

Reaction score
no worries...I am a persistent bastard LMAO ... I will eventually get what I want :D

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
no worries...I am a persistent bastard LMAO ... I will eventually get what I want :D

K, report back what you find out. I am actually on cyanongenmod now instead of messing with the ese81 thing just yet, so I can try to help you out. I'll tell you anything useful I find out.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I can see this has been downloaded almost 100 times, can you all report back on possible improvements, like it, love it, hate it? comments?

iPirate

Reaction score
I can see this has been downloaded almost 100 times, can you all report back on possible improvements, like it, love it, hate it? comments?
Why are you acting so fishy? lol

I downloaded it and looked inside then deleted it.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I was jw what people thought, improvements maybe, considerations for future lwp's, etc