Award Winning Action Game: 'Rage of the Gladiator' on Android Worldwide

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;y2PaGnu8bSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y2PaGnu8bSw[/video]​

A cool new award-winning action RPG game is now available globally on the Google Play Store. It's called "Rage of the Gladiator" and it originally was developed for the Nintendo Wii. It was ported to Android and has been available since March, but only in Europe. Now that it has launched globally, us "Yanks" across the pond can try it out too. Here's a brief description and link from the Play Store about the game and a video above.

"BEST ACTION GAME OF THE YEAR 2012" - TouchArcade
"CONSOLE-QUALITY ACTION" - 148apps
"GAME OF THE WEEK" - PocketGamer
"MUST-HAVE" - SlideToPlay

You play the role of Gracius, a gladiator battling for his life in the arena. Your opponents are no ordinary evil, but are epic boss fights whose tricky attacks will challenge even the most elite gamers. There are no ‘fodder’ enemies – its all bosses -- the most fun part of games! Beat them before they brutally beat you.
Armed with your magical warhammer and a trusty shield, you must exploit their weaknesses by jumping, dodging, shield blocking, or counter-attacking with proper timing, agility, and thinking. Then unleash your rage by brutally pounding your enemy with your warhammer, and perform over-the-top combo finishers such as summoning a vicious lightning storm or a deadly pillar of fire.

HIGHLIGHTS
* Stunning 3D graphics!
* Full voice acting. Each boss has its own personality, and taunts you mercilessly!
* Extremely realistic animations. When you attack bosses, the impacts and hits feel "real."
* 14 insane finishing moves. Summon a fiery meteor, a savage tornado, or transform into a hulking colossus 10x your size!
* Customize your character with new weapons and armor.
* Gain new powers and skills! How will you build your character? Choose Offense, Defense, or Magic.
* Epic music. Enjoy blood-pumping masterpieces by legendary composer Sean Beeson!
* Great replay value. Beat the game to unlock new difficulties, where bosses are much tougher with all-new abilities! Over a dozen hours of gameplay!
* A monumental undertaking, with content comparable to a console title, but for FREE!

Rage of the Gladiator was originally developed for the Nintendo Wii and is (c) 2009, 2013 by Ghostfire Games.

Source: Google Play Store - Rage of the Gladiator

Last edited:

naDroid.com

Reaction score
Please also post the link to the non Xperia version. I initially thought the game was not compatible with my G'nex due to the play store link being Xperia only.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the catch! OP updated! I just changed the link to the universal one.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Gosh, what's up with names these days? Why all the "rage" -- couldn't he be the "The Exuberant Gladiator," or the "The Extremely-Active Gladiator"? Even "The Type-A Gladiator" would be a little less uptight and aggressive. I mean, don't we hear enough about rage (e.g., road rage, rage-killing, etc.) these days? I think we need more love and less rage. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::biggrin:

-Matt

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would love to be able to "love" your post instead of just like it! :)

You are so right... there is too much anger in the world today.