auxillary cord

godfothr69

Reaction score
I used an auxillary cord to hook my Droid to my car stereo, to listen to music and to use it as a handsfree device. When I unplugged the phone from the auxillary cord, and tried to make or recieve calls, My earpiece wouldn't work. In other words, I couldn't hear when someone was talking to me.

spalding12

Reaction score
I used an auxillary cord to hook my Droid to my car stereo, to listen to music and to use it as a handsfree device. When I unplugged the phone from the auxillary cord, and tried to make or recieve calls, My earpiece wouldn't work. In other words, I couldn't hear when someone was talking to me.

yeah....
this isn't uncommon, quite frankly
happened in my treo, as well
in fact, one of my treos got "STUCK" in "headset" mode and never got out of it
had to replace the phone

you need to pull the battery and hard-reboot your phone

also.....
you said that you connected your droid to your car stereo: "to listen to music and to use it as a handsfree device"

what did you mean by that?
you can't connect any phone to a car stereo to use it as a hand-free device to make and receive calls.... this would be to HEAR music.... but, NOT have some 2-way conversation

why?
because any aux. cord for your car stereo is a 3.5mm "3-conductor" cable
while a headset for 2-way voice transmission is a 3.5mm "4-conductor" cable

hope this helps
hope you can be more specific, if i've missed the point

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you ending the Music app before you unplug? or just unplugging?
Might have something to do with it.

It also helps to post questions in the correct forum.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I listen to Slacker and Pandora in the car a lot since radio stations around here are terrible. When I shut down Slacker for example I hit "Quit" and exit the app, and refuse to subscribe to Slacker Plus, take the 3.5mm jack out of the Droid and in the house I go. I'll look down at the phone a couple of minutes later, and it's back on the Slacker screen and appears the last song playing was paused. Something is definitely wrong, either with the music app or related to the 3.5 mm jack on the Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I listen to Slacker and Pandora in the car a lot since radio stations around here are terrible. When I shut down Slacker for example I hit "Quit" and exit the app, and refuse to subscribe to Slacker Plus, take the 3.5mm jack out of the Droid and in the house I go. I'll look down at the phone a couple of minutes later, and it's back on the Slacker screen and appears the last song playing was paused. Something is definitely wrong, either with the music app or related to the 3.5 mm jack on the Droid.

Sounds like the app is acting weird when using the jack...I use Pandora also but never with a headset or using the jack at all...

Zecpull

Reaction score
I use Pandora all the time in my car since my VW has the aux input..Pandora is great I have used it on 4 hr trips and never lost a song or heard a commercial...But I have never had any issue with the 3.5.mm jack I have pulled it out in the middle of a song and it just pauses it..I have also used it with a Cassette adapter in my School bus and it works perfectly.

OP
G

godfothr69

Reaction score
I plugged my phone into the auxillary input on the front of my stock stereo in my Dodge Ram, using an auxillary cord. when listening to music, and you receive a phone call, you can hear the person talking through the speakers in your car, and talk to them like a speakerphone.