Automating/Queuing actions in ROM Manager?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok not sure if this has been asked before, but after doing a lot of flashing ROMs and theme today I realized how many times I had to reboot. So I was wondering if it was possible to have some kind of queuing feature that would install/flash ROMs themes and kernel all in one go then reboot. For example:

Normal way you would install a ROM, kernel, then theme:
Install ROM (reboot) > Install Kernel (reboot) > Install Theme (reboot)

Wouldn't it be more efficient/less time consuming to have it do this instead:
Install ROM > Install Kernel > Install Theme (reboot)

Yeah you could probably just reboot into recovery then install the above one by one but I thought it'd be way more convient to have it done through ROM Manager since I feel it's purpose was to be for convenience. So is it doable? Or is it not safe? Or does this already exist and I'm just a complete moron?

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For the sake of simplicity, I don't put any customization in CyanogenMod ROMs.

However, the Theme developer is free to do exactly what you describe: Install CM, install kernel, install theme. I will document how exactly to do this.

hookerdj

Reaction score
You can do that that easy I do it all the time
Just download them all then go into using power x and just install them in that order
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can do that that easy I do it all the time
Just download them all then go into using power x and just install them in that order
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Yeah i know lol, the reboot into recovery options right and just manually installing them? I just thought it'd be cool to be able to do it purely from ROM Manager. :)
For the sake of simplicity, I don't put any customization in CyanogenMod ROMs.

However, the Theme developer is free to do exactly what you describe: Install CM, install kernel, install theme. I will document how exactly to do this.
Oh awesome looking forward to reading that :D. BTW I like the new ROM Manager icon.