Rom Manager not working

manco

Reaction score
So shortly after updating my rooted droid to Froyo, I went in to Rom Manager to download a new rom. When I go into reboot, it will say installation aborted. Nothing changes. Any suggestions? I have been rooted since February so I'm confident with knowing how to work all of these functions.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moved......

You will get more visibility and help in this section for ROM Manager.

also visit Koush's irc for support.

Good luck!

roberj13

Reaction score
So shortly after updating my rooted droid to Froyo, I went in to Rom Manager to download a new rom. When I go into reboot, it will say installation aborted. Nothing changes. Any suggestions? I have been rooted since February so I'm confident with knowing how to work all of these functions.

The thing about ROMmanager is each developer is responsible for making sure their section works as its supposed to. Koush doesn't oversee each individual section. This includes the error that you can get sometimes when trying to pull up a rom list. Each section has their seperagte script. This also includes the actual zip files. It could be a bad download, a bad upload from the dev, etc that is keeping you from installing.

Have you checked any other roms to see if they install, if they do then you might want to contact that particular dev.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

manco

Reaction score
I have checked other roms and all do the same thing.

PDR447

Reaction score
lets just say froyo and RM aren't the best of friends at the moment. and I wouldn't expect a fix until the official froyo is here. the main issue with these froyo leaks is that the sdcard path has changed. however, changing to accommodate these leaks is kinda out of the question because they are just that, leaks. no way of telling what the final setup is going to be and no reason to do work twice if the final 2.2 is back to the way 2.1 is currently. RM is built for the latest public release, which is 2.1 right now. consider the "problems" one of the hazards of running leaked, unofficial software.