Autocomplete / Suggestions Stays On Screen after going to home screen

adipose

Reaction score
If you are texting with the keyboard open, autocompletions come up on the bottom of your screen.

If you then hit "home" or "back" a few times, you will be at the home screen. But, if your keyboard is still open, the auto suggestions are still there!

Even more annoying, if you actually click on them, they will go back into your texting program that isn't even on the screen. The next time you go in there, additional words may be in the input box.

To get rid of it, opening the browser and hitting back seems to work, sometimes. Closing the keyboard also gets rid of it...but it will come right back if you open the keyboard again.

For me, this happens every time I use the keyboard while texting.

Same issue as here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/160892-auto-correct-menu-stays-screen.html

Last edited:

suzook

Reaction score
Not the best solution, but turn off the autocorrection on the physical KB. Im guessing this will be fixed in an update.

Bobbar

Reaction score
Not the best solution, but turn off the autocorrection on the physical KB. Im guessing this will be fixed in an update.

Doesn't make any difference.

I did notice that it still happens when you are using the built in 'Multi-touch' keyboard. So it appears to be a more deep seated issue with the D3.