Auto sync setting

ToddP0530

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this, but I am assuming auto sync needs to be on in order to receive push email from gmail. Is that correct? I am experimenting with my battery and trying to find ways to extend it (that's what she said), but want to know if I'm wasting battery energy having auto sync on. Also, for those who are getting great battery life, what are your settings. I have GPS off, wifi off, BT off, screen turned all the way down, timeout set to 15 seconds. I have facebook, fox news widget, weather widget with a clock.

Stigy

Reaction score
My battery gets down to 20% ish by midnight when I go to bed.

I have 2 GMail accounts pushing AND my corporate account pushing as well. I have GPS and Bluetooth on as well. The battery is a lot better than it seems.

But to answer your other question, yes auto-sync needs to be on for GMail to push to the Droid.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes autosync needs to be on for it to receive emails in general without having to psychically going in and checking it by hand.

OP
ToddP0530

ToddP0530

Reaction score
Damn, you have BT and GPS on with two push accounts. Either I have a bad battery or am doing something wrong. Do you talk on it quite a bit, too?

Stigy

Reaction score
Damn, you have BT and GPS on with two push accounts. Either I have a bad battery or am doing something wrong. Do you talk on it quite a bit, too?
I rarely use talk time on my phone -- I contact people via SMS or GTalk to speak to them. Phone conversations usually last 3-4 minutes max if I am interested in what they are saying.

BTW I have 3 accounts pushing :)

OP
ToddP0530

ToddP0530

Reaction score
OK ... that makes sense, then. I use it quite a bit to talk. I feel better about my battery. I talked about 90 minutes on it today and had to charge it twice in the car. That 90 minutes came during two phone calls near the end of the day. I'm OCDing just breathe.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In a 6 hour window of time, i've been able to talk for 2 hours, tinker and download apps for about an hour to an hour and a half and have it sync 3 email accounts, and play a few youtube movies on it, and it still be at about 65% battery.

OP
ToddP0530

ToddP0530

Reaction score
OK ... I'm feeling better. I use the hell out of this thing from about 8 in the morning on.