Auto-rotate screen

kicker10bog

Reaction score
Hello, I've been using Liberty 1.5 for a few weeks now and love it, but one thing I don't understand is why the homescreen and lock screen only rotate to widescreen when the keyboard slides out.

Yes, I have the auto-rotate option checked, and it works for everything except the home an lock screens.

Is there a reason for this feature to be missing or am I just missing something. It's not a big deal, but made me curious.

Cstryon

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with rotate, though it seems less sensitive to the phones orientation. Does liberty make any difference to the sensors?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mattXdezzi

Reaction score
If i remember correctly, this was how the unrooted stock ROM operated. when the screen is locked the only way to get it to display in landscape is to force it by opening the keyboard. I am assuming this is by design to save battery life.

The phone is locked, so you dont necessarily need to see/read anything in landscape mode until you unlock it. It would be stupid to burn battery life while the CPU checks the orientation accelerometer and sets the screen orientation constantly while its locked.

Short version: i believe it has always been like this, if not, its not that big of a deal.

EDIT: i am only talking about the lockscreen. I am not sure why your homescreen doesnt rotate. are you using a custom launcher (launcherpro, adw, go)?

OP
K

kicker10bog

Reaction score
That would make sense.

I'm using the default launcher for Liberty. I figured it would save a little more battery than the other launchers.

mattXdezzi

Reaction score
just switched back to stock liberty launcher for a minute. it doesnt auto rotate. possibly for the same reason (saving battery). i know that LauncherPro definitely auto rotates and doesn't change your battery usage from what I can tell. Plus the customization level is amazing.

**Not bashing other launchers, LP is the first one i tried, and havent had a reason to switch.

OP
K

kicker10bog

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I guess if I get to where I really want the rotate option, I'll switch to another launcher.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App