Auto on/off

thetruth

Reaction score
Coming from the Storm, I was able to set the storm to turn off and turn back on at a specific time. Is there an app that I can download that will do this for the Droid?

keiichi25

Reaction score
Well, I am in the process of looking for that at the moment. Someone in the sticky thread mentioned, Timeriffic - autosettings - Timeriffic, mute or un-mute the global Android ringer at a specified time of the day. - Project Hosting on Google Code which should work, as it will do 'Airplane mode', basically shut down all wireless, based on a time. Locale can do something similar, but not the airplane mode without buying the plugin for it. I haven't found an app yet to mimic Blackberry's Auto On/Off Ability yet.

kaorte

Reaction score
The app "Locale" Might be helpful to you. It won't turn the phone off, but you can set it to go into silent mode based on the time of day, date, location, and a few other settings.

keiichi25

Reaction score
The app "Locale" Might be helpful to you. It won't turn the phone off, but you can set it to go into silent mode based on the time of day, date, location, and a few other settings.

Locale will work for the time instance, but I think at the moment, it's Location determination code is not quite ready for Droid 2.0. I just tested it at home over the weekend and just a few minutes ago, there is a flaw where it is not giving the Droid 2.0 time to pass its GPS information so suddenly, it reports my current location way way off, even when I am in an area where there is no obstruction for GPS sat location, it pins me about 2 to 3 blocks to several hundred blocks away from my true location. I mentioned this to the locale support forums to be aware of the issue.

kaorte

Reaction score
I have noticed that it is a bit slow but that doesn't really bother me. I am sure they will fix it soon.

juliem

Reaction score
bump.

i'm wondering if any apps have been created to duplicate the auto on/off yet? that's one of the features i'm most missing from my blackberry days.