Auto On/Off Bluetooth App

scarrz

Reaction score
Is there an app for having your blue tooth turn on when in range of an authorized device and then turn off when exiting?

ex. I have a car that auto syncs with my droid but other than when I'm in the car its really not necessary to have my blue tooth running and eating my battery. Just wondering if there was such an app.

1quickv6

Reaction score
I don't see how that can be possible as Bluetooth needs to sync with hardware eiather set-up or in discoverable mode. The point of bluetooth is to have it always available when you need it by sync'ing when you are near your discovered hardware or ready to attach to devises you have in discoverable mode.

I have a button on my home screen to turn it off when not in use. The Beautiful Wiget app or the stock Power Widget will make it easier for you.

lisbeth

Reaction score
but does it turn off automatically when taken out of the dock?
I use Car-Bluetooth-Activator. It turns on bluetooth after started driving. It turns off bluetooth when you leave the car or when you switch off the radio. It's excatly what you are looking for.

Dbrock1980

Reaction score
ya know what im having an issue with is this: i turn on the car radio and plug my droid into the dock (running cardock home v3 which starts/stops the bluetooth automatically) the blue tooth will sync with the car radio for phone calls. the bluetooth audio will sync then turn off. so now i have it where it doesnt start the bluetooth atuomatically and then i put my droid into the dock and then turn on the bluetooth and it syncs fine. its annoying though. im not really sure why it does it this way.