auto correct

enoell

Reaction score
where the heck is the auto correct disable feature? i cant find anywhere in keyboard or htc sense input options.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I am curious too ! You are in the right area, HTC Sense Input. From there, look at Advanced, for the shocking truth: Prediction preference is greyed out and there is a check mark on! I could not find any setting that made this bold with the ability to turn check mark off . I will pay around some more. For the record, I use SWYPE and use predictive. Helps makes my texts sound coherent, lol.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Update: turn off Trace, which make the prediction preference bold and you can turn it off. Kinda defeats the purpose, lol. You can not turn off prediction and enable trace again. It turns prediction back on and greys it out again.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
That makes sense as trace is built solely around the idea of predictive text....

Suggested from Beer Tent Capital of the World.

OP
E

enoell

Reaction score
ah ya know i messed around with that and turned it back on because i like seeing word suggestions just not my words being replaced haha. guess they only have prediction as an option tho and not only suggests but replaces as well bc i dont get auto corrected words with prediction off.

Thanks for your input! anyone tried viper dna or any other roms and have more auto correct features?

BobT51

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off auto-correct?
When "tonight's supper" becomes "Tonoght's suppee", it's time to go.
Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, you can turn that off. Go into Settings > Language & Input > Select the Gear symbol next to your Keyboard type (mine is the Android Keyboard (AOSP)> Select Auto Correction > Then whatever option you want: Off, Modest, Aggressive, etc. That should do it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks sajokaz for your help.

You are welcome. I have mine set to Modest, Aggressive was a little too crazy for me and I was getting some crazy corrections to my texts.....which can be funny sometimes....but not always.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Rainstar76

Reaction score
Thank you!!!

Thanks sajokaz for your help.

Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you! Auto-correct drives me insane. I probably never would've thought to look at the keyboard settings, so thank you very much for saving my sanity! :)

GaryOM

Reaction score
Yes, you can turn that off. Go into Settings > Language & Input > Select the Gear symbol next to your Keyboard type (mine is the Android Keyboard (AOSP)> Select Auto Correction > Then whatever option you want: Off, Modest, Aggressive, etc. That should do it.

Sounds good but when I select the Gear symbol next to "Android Keyboard (AOSP)", the screen goes only to "Use system language". It does not give any other option such as "Auto Correction". It only allows for changing languages. Some online advise is to go "Android keyboard settings" in order to get to "Auto correction" but again I cannot find that option. I have the Droid Razr with the 4.1.2 upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds good but when I select the Gear symbol next to "Android Keyboard (AOSP)", the screen goes only to "Use system language". It does not give any other option such as "Auto Correction". It only allows for changing languages. Some online advise is to go "Android keyboard settings" in order to get to "Auto correction" but again I cannot find that option. I have the Droid Razr with the 4.1.2 upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated.

I believe that happens when you do a "long press" on the gear symbol (I could be wrong though). Try a "short tap" on the gear symbol & you should see the first page of options described earlier.