Auto-correct on physical keyboard

MarkDF

Reaction score
The Android keyboard has an option in the settings pane for auto-correct. How is this supposed to work? I don't see any difference with it off or on.

Updated ->

I mis-wrote. I mean the device keyboard, by which I assume they mean the physical keyboard. It has an 'Auto-replace' feature, but I can't tell what it actually does.

Last edited:
J

JohnDroid

The Android keyboard has an option in the settings pane for auto-correct. How is this supposed to work? I don't see any difference with it off or on.

I actually hate the auto correction. That's one of the main reasons I don't like the virtual keyboard.

charrry

Reaction score
I don't see a difference either, I was hoping it was going to work like the screen keyboard and correct spelling.

H37skipper

Reaction score
Interesting thing about auto-correct. It will not even allow me to text the word "Droid", changes it to "Druid". My wife has a trach which auto-correct changes to "teach"! I had to turn it off, and it needs to be off for both keyboards(I have a new Global with the physical keyboard).

jeepxj96

Reaction score
it does get annoying at times. but once i added words to the dictionary then it wasnt too bad.

scf

Reaction score
constantly adding words to the dictionary...works better
sent a text to my son the other night asking for "gorilla chips" instead of "tortilla chips" laughin his butt off at me

nbucko

Reaction score
sent a text to my son the other night asking for "gorilla chips" instead of "tortilla chips" laughin his butt off at me

I have to admit, made me laugh quite a bit too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App