Auto Brightness problem

Masx

Reaction score
Anyone have any problems regarding this?

The brightness is dim indoors with the soft keys light on and when you reach a light source or go outside the soft keys light turn off and the screen goes to max brightness.

Now all the above I mentioned is what it should be doing but the problem I'm having is when I go from a light source/outside to indoors. The screen stays at its max brightness which should dim back down should it not? Soft keys light do turn off as it should but the only way for me to get it to dim the screen back down is to lock and unlock the phone. It doesn't even dim if I use the phone for an extended period of time.

If I go back outside then indoors the process starts all over again. It seems to work fine detecting light and auto adjusting for that. But it doesn't auto adjust for when in a darker room/area (except for the soft keys light).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think mine does that. I'd say you've made an interesting observation. I wouldn't label it a problem however.

OP
M

Masx

Reaction score
I think mine does that. I'd say you've made an interesting observation. I wouldn't label it a problem however.

I called up Motorola about it they said if it doesn't auto dim in a couple minutes or so your phone is defective. So I dunno... the lady I talked to and the tech supervisor both had phones to test it on and said it worked fine on their end.

That's why I'm seeing if this is a common problem or people just don't notice.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I called up Motorola about it they said if it doesn't auto dim in a couple minutes or so your phone is defective. So I dunno... the lady I talked to and the tech supervisor both had phones to test it on and said it worked fine on their end.

That's why I'm seeing if this is a common problem or people just don't notice.

Hmmm....you see if you've had your phone longer then 30 days and you turn it in over an issue like this you will get a refurb. Now your refurb may be perfect but my gut instinct is telling me that probably everyone sees this. I don't know about you but I don't want to get on that roller coaster. If you can dim it by pushing the button, then I'd do it that way and keep my current phone.

OP
M

Masx

Reaction score
Sadly I'm already on that roller coaster for other phone issues. I asked for another replacement to see if that's any better but if it isn't I'll just send that one back and keep the one I have.

everstar80

Reaction score
I have an easy solution to your problem. You know the on/off button/standby button, simply press that to turn it to standby when indoors and when you take it off standby the softkey lights should be back on. Try that to see if it works. Good luck.

mcshady96

Reaction score
auto brightness

all you have to do is go into the settings for auto brightness, turn it off adjust the slider a little, and then turn the auto brightness back on.

mikespe

Reaction score
all you have to do is go into the settings for auto brightness, turn it off adjust the slider a little, and then turn the auto brightness back on.

OMG! That is a great trick!!! Thanks for this!!!