Screen dimming with auto brightness off??

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Wondering if anyone has had this issue. I was outside on break today and my screen kept dimming or getting brighter depending on how much light was shining on the screen. Auto brightness is off. Checked the Moto suite to see if something in there could be affecting it but found nothing.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Could it have been the stay awake screen? The screen won't sleep it you are looking at it and it recognises you. I have mine at 10% and timed out in 30 seconds. When it starts to dim, pre going off, I can wiggle it and when it recognises me it will brighten back up, to 10%.

We must...We must...increase our boost

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Could it have been the stay awake screen? The screen won't sleep it you are looking at it and it recognises you. I have mine at 10% and timed out in 30 seconds. When it starts to dim, pre going off, I can wiggle it and when it recognises me it will brighten back up, to 10%.

Are you talking about the attentive display? If so I turned that off because it didn't seem to really work.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

TatDroid

Reaction score
My screen does make noticeable adjustments from time to time based on the light level, but I DO have mine set to "auto". I've never set it manually for any length of time so I haven't experienced that.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
That's what it's called. Yeah, it doesn't seem to work well. My friend has face recognition unlock and he says the attentive screen works a lot better now. That being said, no clue as what's causing it. Glaucoma maybe?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Like tatdroid, I haven't experienced it because I have not gone with a static brightness setting either. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow and see what kind of results I get.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yeah it was really weird. Where I was sitting the sun was over my shoulder. When I would turn to block it the screen dimmed. When I turned back it got brighter. Checked to see if I had mistakenly had auto on but it was not.