Audio shuffle terrible in all players

krus_2

Reaction score
I just want to go on record saying how terrible the shuffle feature is on every music player I've tried [see list below]. I've had shuffle play the same song back to back to back [I have over 500 songs on my phone]. Is this an Android problem? Something to the extent of using a standard random number generator to pick the next song?

As much as it pains me to say it, I liked how crApple did the shuffle feature. Picking songs randomly, putting them on a temporary list and removing the song from the selection pool before picking the next one.

So far I've tried:
2.0 music app
2.1 music app
Milestone music app
Meridian player
RockOn
bTunes - best so far
Mixzing
TuneWiki
MortPlayer
MaplePlayer
Astro Player

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This never happens to me. Make sure that there is more than one song in your playlist, you don't have cycle enabled, and that you don't have the same song.

OP
K

krus_2

Reaction score
I am going into the all songs and hitting shuffle all. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "you don't have cycle enabled", and I always make sure there are no duplicate songs.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I've had the same exact issues with:

the stock media player
MixZing
bTunes

....you don't have cycle enabled....

I'll also ask... what do you mean by "cycle enabled"?!?!
...are you maybe referring to the "repeat" function on all players? If so, I'll have to experiment with it to see if it's an issue.

Also, like the original poster, I'm not creating playlists, I'm just opening up the player (which ever player I'm in) and I hit play then turn on the shuffle feature.

Mort

Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question, but are you sure you don't have the songs multiple on your device?
MortPlayer creates an internal list of all songs to play to avoid duplicates. Maybe a bug could cause to repeat the first track if things go weird (similar to choosing the current track as following one in the track list), but surely not afterwards. And I guess at least some players should do the same...