Audio Quality worse than my Droid X

traveye

Reaction score
Hey, all.

So I got my Galaxy Nexus last week, and I noticed almost from the start that the audio quality is not on par with what I've become accustomed to on my old Droid X. I stream A LOT of music on my way to and from work, so this is a major issue for me. Volume is fine, but quality is lacking. To the point where it's actually painful. It's just not as crisp and clear as my X was. And I've tried multiple music programs so that isn't it. Any chance this is a software issue that could be patched or resolved with a ROM? I really don't know much about this kind of thing and I really want to keep my Nexus. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SSandro25

Reaction score
Try volume+ from market

seminole1994

Reaction score
Hey, all.

So I got my Galaxy Nexus last week, and I noticed almost from the start that the audio quality is not on par with what I've become accustomed to on my old Droid X. I stream A LOT of music on my way to and from work, so this is a major issue for me. Volume is fine, but quality is lacking. To the point where it's actually painful. It's just not as crisp and clear as my X was. And I've tried multiple music programs so that isn't it. Any chance this is a software issue that could be patched or resolved with a ROM? I really don't know much about this kind of thing and I really want to keep my Nexus. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry dude but I came from a Droid X and the speaker on that thing fuggin sucked .. The OG Droid still to this day had the best speaker

OP
T

traveye

Reaction score
Sorry, meant to say I use an aux out cable into a pioneer head unit in my car. So I don't care so much about the speaker quality as I do the audio output quality. And yes, the og Droid rocked.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most likely a faulty port, haven't seen many have problems with audio output through auxiliary cables. Have you tested just some headphones to see if the port works with them?

OP
T

traveye

Reaction score
the port works. There isn't any distortion, it just isn't as clear as I am used to. I guess my ears are just too sensitive. Haha. Maybe I'll take my headphones to Verizon and compare my sound to the demo